Question No video output to monitor

Aug 1, 2019
I've been fixing and building computers for a couple years and this is easily one of the most confusing situations i've ever been in.

My motherboard recently broke so i replaced it with a new one, and changed no other components. I booted the machine and everything lit up and the fans began spinning, it bleeped a couple times, but no display output.

I've troubleshooted quite a lot. I've used many known good cords, 3 seperate monitors, Ive tried a known good GPU, i've tried unplugging the GPU altogether and plugging into the mobo, i've unplugged all storage, i've tried all the different PCI slots in the motherboard, and probably more that i cannot remember.

I got this motherboard TODAY so i seriously doubt thats the issue. I know my cords are good, and my monitors, as i tested all of them with a laptop i have. My brother has a 1060 that works great, i slotted it in and it didnt work either so its not my graphics card. Its not my storage options, ive unplugged them all.

Seriously, i have no idea what to do. when the cord is plugged in, the monitor light lights up blue, then the screen says no signal, and it sleeps again. when its unplugged, same thing.

Help

Specs:
GIGABYTE B450 AORUS ELITE motherboard
EVGA SC GTX 1070 Graphics card
Ryzen 1600 CPU
16 GB 3200 MHZ G.Skill Ripjaws 5 ram
650W PSU

Edit: My SSD is a 240 GB Sata III drive and my HDD is a 1tb barracuda in case that helps somehow.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm well firstly that cpu doesn't have igpu so the motherboard vga ports won't work.

Check power cords are plugged correctly at both ends if modular. Have had cases where the psu end of the cable wasn't plugged 😊

Check the video cable you're using is making good contact into the card. Sometimes if video port is close to the case can prevent plugging in all the way.

Perhaps breadboard the system, remove it from case and try get it going on a non conductive surface to rule out case.

Aug 1, 2019
I breadboarding it as suggested, as my psu is a semi-modular and everything was fully plugged in. nothing is fixed, but i'm noticing that the gpu fans are spinning for half a second or so and then stopping, individually of eachother. im going to try a different psu now, and then order a 2600 from amazon to test that.

Aug 1, 2019
update, plugged in new psu and the gpu fans spun up like normal, and i heard more bleeps and bloops from the motherboard leading me to believe it was at least in part the power supply. but still no video output.

Aug 2, 2019
This same problem happened to me when I recently built my computer, where it powered on but didn’t have any video output. What fixed it for me was reseating the cpu, which I hadn’t seen suggested online anywhere. It wasn’t even like my cpu was in wrong either, so I don’t even know why it worked haha. But I have a somewhat similar build to you so I’d suggest giving it a shot.