Question No video output when attempting to enter bios through advanced startup?

Feb 18, 2022
I am attempting to access the bios to turn on XMP as I realized it was off. When restarting my PC, I am unable to reach the bios, it just boots straight through to Windows. I turned off fast boot in power options, and when I attempt to do an advanced restart to reach UEFI settings, the computer turns off, and when it turns on there is no video output, only the lights turning on and fans spinning. It is stuck this way with no output or sound until I power off and power on again, at which point it boots directly into Windows. Any suggestions would be great, google has got me nowhere with this.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums! Please list your full system specifications including make and model of:
Power Supply:
Motherboard:
CPU:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Storage:
Case:

Is the monitor connected to the graphics card or the motherboard ports? (If you have a CPU with integrated graphics?)

Feb 18, 2022
Welcome to the forums! Please list your full system specifications including make and model of:
Power Supply:
Motherboard:
CPU:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Storage:
Case:

Is the monitor connected to the graphics card or the motherboard ports? (If you have a CPU with integrated graphics?)
power supply: Corsair CX650M
Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 5 Wifi
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32gb 3000mhz (4x8gb)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080
Storage: Samsung 970 evo plus nvme 1tb (boot drive), Samsung 860 EVO sata ssd 1tb
Case: corsair 110r

The monitor is connected to the graphics card, unfortunately I do not have integrated graphics. I have tried several of the ports on my graphics card though, HDMI and each of the display ports, I cannot try the DVI port as I do not have a cable or monitor to use it. Appreciate the welcome.

Feb 18, 2022
I figured it out, my monitor did not accept the video format the BIOS was using, apparently some monitors are like that. Once I plugged in a different monitor it booted normally and was able to get to the bios screen