Question No Video output with R9 280X Vapor-X OC (Tri-X)

Sep 21, 2021
Hello,

I have Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X OC (Tri-X) and none of the outputs works (2 DVIs, HDMI, DP).
The original build had 620W PSU and now it has 650W, both 8-pin PCI-E are connected (daisy-chain).

When I power the computer up the "Vapor-X" has it's light on, the fans are spinning but still nothing displays.

I've noticed that on the back of the GPU there's a persistent red light, and near it says "D501", above that "R4172" and "R4173".
I looked at the specs and the minimum required PSU is 600W, (it worked before with 620W) so the PSU should be fine I guess.
I couldn't find any information about that light or the code near it.

Any ideas how to proceed?

Thanks.

DSzymborski

Titan
What are the exact PSUs in question? Why was the PSU swapped out? Did it ever work with the new PSU or never work with the old PSU? What are the rest of the specs? If the old PSU still works, have you retested with it?

The more basic information and the more details you can provide about the situation, the more likely someone can give you accurate advice.

Sep 21, 2021
I don't remember the exact model of the original PSU but it was 620W SeaSonic.
Now I have Antec NE650M (650W).
What I have:
i5-4590
R9 280X Tri-X
8GB RAM (single stick)
120GB SSD + 1000GB HDD

I don't have the original PSU to test with, it was replaced by a technician because the PC was getting on a restart loop. I can't recall if the issue started after replacing the PSU but my logic tells me that if that was the case then I would go back to that technician and complain about the replacement PSU. So I'm assuming it happened before the PSU was replaced or significant amount of time after it was replaced.