No Video Output

Leonch30

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
I have recently finished an upgrade of my old computer to fit a new ATI Radeon 5870 HD. I bought a new 500 watt EVGA power supply with two six pin connectors that I had connected to the two six pin inputs on the card. Then once I had fitted it onto the motherboard I switched on the on switch and all the fans started working, please bare in mind I am using a Dell stock mobo, but I had no video output. I have tried clearing old graphics card drivers and installing new ones, I have been into the bios but I am unable to get the full access to the video configuration but probably for no reason as there were no areas where I could toggle the PCI express port settings. I have attempted to remove the CMOS for 5 minutes and put it back in but still to know avail. As it is a stock motherboard I found it very difficult to find the jumper for the cmos battery. With all this in mind and a large case with all cables plugged in and I am currently running my old AMD Radeon HD 6450 low profile that came with my old dell computer, could it be the motherboard or graphics card or, I hope not but the PSU. I'm on a tight budget so if you can recommend anything new for between 50-100 pounds for each component that would be great. I have also removed the RAM to check for beeps, which subsequently did occur.

My Specs:
Dell Stock Motherboard (not a clue about model number sorry)
4gb ddr3 stock Ram
500GB Hard drive
EVGA 500 Watt powersupply
AMD RADEON HD 6450 (Shitty Current one)
ATI RADEON HD 5870 (One that when put in has no signal

Would be grateful for any new news. Cheers.

Leon

Solution
You can reset CMOS/BIOS by removing battery for few minutes and press start button for few seconds. All of that while computer is unplugged from mains of course. Hope you were doing all those changes with computer unplugged from mains.
You can reset CMOS/BIOS by removing battery for few minutes and press start button for few seconds. All of that while computer is unplugged from mains of course. Hope you were doing all those changes with computer unplugged from mains.

Solution

Leonch30

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016

Yeah dude course haha, i'll give that ago but are you certain that will give me access to the bios so I can reorder the startup order?