[SOLVED] No video output

toneymalone

Prominent
Jun 27, 2020
I'm building a gaming PC using an Aorus X570 MB, AMD Ryzen 5, AMD Radon 580 GPU, Seasonic PX-750 PSU, and 2 XPG 8GB ram chips installed in a dual channel configuration. I've installed all the components and powered up the system. Everything boots up but I have no video output on either the MB HDMI output or the GPU output. To the best of my knowledge all the cables are installed properly but the documentation to must of these components is pretty vague. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Solution
Yes the GPU does have power to it. The fans on the GPU turn on for a little during boot up and turn off but there's a constant blue light on it indicating power.
It's a Ryzen 5 3600 processor. I'm not sure I know what you mean by it needs to be a G processor though. Could you explain please. Thanks for the help
Ryzen processors like 2200g and 2400g have built in graphics and only those can produce video from MB, 3600 doesn't.
Only other thing I can think off is that RAM is not inserted in right slots, manual should tell you where they should go. You can also try one RAM stick in appropriate slot.
I'm building a gaming PC using an Aorus X570 MB, AMD Ryzen 5, AMD Radon 580 GPU, Seasonic PX-750 PSU, and 2 XPG 8GB ram chips installed in a dual channel configuration. I've installed all the components and powered up the system. Everything boots up but I have no video output on either the MB HDMI output or the GPU output. To the best of my knowledge all the cables are installed properly but the documentation to must of these components is pretty vague. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Which Ryzen 5 ?
Trying with MB video connection will not work unless you have a "G" processor.
Make sure you connected power to GPU too.

Reactions: kurdtnz

toneymalone

Prominent
Jun 27, 2020
Which Ryzen 5 ?
Trying with MB video connection will not work unless you have a "G" processor.
Make sure you connected power to GPU too.
Yes the GPU does have power to it. The fans on the GPU turn on for a little during boot up and turn off but there's a constant blue light on it indicating power.
It's a Ryzen 5 3600 processor. I'm not sure I know what you mean by it needs to be a G processor though. Could you explain please. Thanks for the help

Ryzen processors like 2200g and 2400g have built in graphics and only those can produce video from MB, 3600 doesn't.
Only other thing I can think off is that RAM is not inserted in right slots, manual should tell you where they should go. You can also try one RAM stick in appropriate slot.

Solution

toneymalone

Prominent
Jun 27, 2020
Gotcha. Makes sense. This is my first build and that had never been explained to me about some processors not having graphic processing. I moved the ram chips around and I now have video output on the GPU. Thanks for the help!