Question no video output.

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
My daughter has a I3 9100F with a Asus B365-M MB, 32GB of Gskill memory and an old RX 580 8GB. Everything was working. She wanted to to upgrade to an i5. I told her to wait for me to get back from NYC but she didn't. Now, everything acting right(fans indicator lights, no codes) but no video output (yes, I am hooked to the GPU). Swapped for a known good GPU, no video. Swapped back to the i3, no video. Tried removing all but 1 stick of memory, booted in all slots, no unexpected changes. I have tried reseating everything. But this will not even display bios. Ideas?

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
"Now, everything acting right(fans indicator lights, no codes) " No beeps. No multiple beeps. Lights are all working fine and fans are spinning. Keyboard and mouse are acting normal. Just no display.

SlavfromBulgaria

Commendable
Apr 29, 2020
My daughter has a I3 9100F with a Asus B365-M MB, 32GB of Gskill memory and an old RX 580 8GB. Everything was working. She wanted to to upgrade to an i5. I told her to wait for me to get back from NYC but she didn't. Now, everything acting right(fans indicator lights, no codes) but no video output (yes, I am hooked to the GPU). Swapped for a known good GPU, no video. Swapped back to the i3, no video. Tried removing all but 1 stick of memory, booted in all slots, no unexpected changes. I have tried reseating everything. But this will not even display bios. Ideas?
What i5 did she put in? Was it brand new or used? If it was used, look at the CPU's bottom (https://www.newegg.com/insider/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/inteli5_1-1024x576.jpg) and if there's something burnt that could interfere with the CPU properly communicating with the GPU, I've seen it happen before. If not - check the motherboard's CPU pins, check all the connections.

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
Brand new i5 9400F. CPU bottom is unmarred. All connections checked. Everything is right, just no video. RMAing processor just in case.
If your cpu is ok and you have swap with a gpu and it doesnt work then maybe its bcuz of the pcie slot of your motherboard, go try and swap your motherboard or maybe put your working gpu it in the second slot of your motherboard and see if it works.
Btw you should also clean the pcie slot and the pins of your gpu as well.

Reactions: groundrat