[SOLVED] No video signal after changing thermal paste

Sep 15, 2020
Hello . Today i saw that my gpu temperature is 80° while playing csgo . So i decided to change my gpu thermal paste and clean it a little bit , after i changed it i connected it back and i get the "no video signal" error.
I disconnected all power cables , all components , reseting cmos nothing worked
I moved vga cable into motherboard vga slot and it's working fine but in the graphic card not
My sistem is :
motherboard : asus h61m-k
I5 3570k
R7 370 gddr5 256 bit strix oc 2gb
12 gb ram
650w psu
I noticed that in the past when starting pc video card fans are not spinning but now when i start fans are spining like 20% power
I hope can someone help me thanks

Last edited:
Solution
Last thing i can do it s to try my video card on a different motherboard
You can try that, there is a slim chance that you damaged the slot somehow, that would reveal it, but otherwise - time for a new one. R7 series is getting old anyway so it kind of forced you to upgrade :)
If you can, I would wait till the 3000 series arrive and knock the secondary market down so you can get 1660S for at or under 100USD. There is not much sense in getting something higher specced with your current setup. You can try to sell your R7 for parts (~30$ if you are lucky and someone needs it).
When you boot into the OS (With onboard graphics) does your dedicated GPU get recognized? (in device manager)

I would not recommend replacing the thermal paste on GPU unless you know very well what you are doing.
  • When you reseat the heatsink on it, it is very easy to scratch or knock down one of the die edges and the whole thing goes to trash.
  • Another frequent reason is ESD, which would not be even noticeable to you but is deadly for the circuitry.

Sep 15, 2020
When you boot into the OS (With onboard graphics) does your dedicated GPU get recognized? (in device manager)

I would not recommend replacing the thermal paste on GPU unless you know very well what you are doing.
  • When you reseat the heatsink on it, it is very easy to scratch or knock down one of the die edges and the whole thing goes to trash.
  • Another frequent reason is ESD, which would not be even noticeable to you but is deadly for the circuitry.
Thanks for replying
With onboard graphics the video cars is not shown in device manager strange thing is that if i boot with only video card in pcie slot with the cable connected onboard it s working but if i connect the 6 pin connector to the video card and then i boot the pc wirh onboard graphics i don't get any signal
In the past i changed thermal paste to the same video card anything worked well

You can try that, there is a slim chance that you damaged the slot somehow, that would reveal it, but otherwise - time for a new one. R7 series is getting old anyway so it kind of forced you to upgrade :)
If you can, I would wait till the 3000 series arrive and knock the secondary market down so you can get 1660S for at or under 100USD. There is not much sense in getting something higher specced with your current setup. You can try to sell your R7 for parts (~30$ if you are lucky and someone needs it).

Solution
Sep 15, 2020
Thanks guys i found the issue i tested my motherboard with my friend's rx 470 and working very well and then i tested his pc with my r7 370 and didn't get any signal so the video card is rip . Is there a way to revive it ? Like the fans are spinning but no signal :/

Sep 15, 2020
Also what do you recommend
Rx 470 strix 4gb
Rx 570 aorus 4gb
Rx 470 xfx 8gb ?

Is there a way to revive it ? Like the fans are spinning but no signal :/
There may be a way, but it is not worth the hassle to even diagnose. Simply too cheap to work on.

Also what do you recommend
Rx 470 strix 4gb
Rx 570 aorus 4gb
Rx 470 xfx 8gb ?
None of these... they are kinda obsolete too. Try finding RX580 (8GB)/GTX1060(6GB only)/GTX1660 for a similar price... (120$-140$ used)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS