Question No video signal after cleaning the pc

exy

Honorable
Nov 8, 2017
Here are the CPU and MB of my pc:
Ryzen 5700g
B350m Pro-vd Plus

So the story is that i’ve cleaned the pc of dust (without unplugging anything like CPU, gpu etc)
Then I’ve plugged the cables back and turn it on and it doesnt give any signal on the monitor.
My only ideea was that somehow the BIOS reseted to the default version, this might sound a bit crazy because I know that if it reseted then only the settings reset and not the BIOS version
I’ve installed an old CPU ( ryzen 2700) and it gave signal, checked the BIOS version and its the latest (the same version I had before it happened)
Installed back the 5700g and still doesnt give signal

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Motherboard has dvi d so you could try dvi d to hdmi cable, they don't cost much.

I can't see how onboard graphics from 5700g is prioritising over dgpu, that's not usually how it works. It's got to be something else.

Confusing 2700 works. Perhaps try clear cmos as is currently with 5700g in it. Unplug pc and either short the clear cmos pins (refer to manual) or pull the motherboard battery. Clearing cmos won't change bios revision, just resets it. It's impossible anyhow because original bios was overwritten when you flashed it. There's no way for it to return, as you've found out. Unless it has dual bios like Gigabyte boards but it doesn't.

exy

Honorable
Nov 8, 2017
I’ll try the onboard gpu, I’ve done the BIOS reset many times with the battery and still didnt give a signal.
I’m currently using the 2700 for hours and works fine…