[SOLVED] No video signal, BOOT LED on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Disclaimer: I did read the pinned post, more on that further.

Greetings everyone,

I have assembled my first PC, the components are as follows

MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi
AMD Ryzen 5 5600
RADEON 16G 3200 MHz DDR4
RX580 8G
2 SSDs as storage

As of now I am through the suggestions provided here. I would like to emphasize that I did update BIOS to the latest stable version (this was obviously necessary with 5600) and I already pulled out one of the RAM sticks. I also checked that there were no bent pins on the CPU (a pain in the back removing the cooler, go figure). The power connectors all seem in place, and there is a white LED on the graphics card indicating that the supply is okay (turns red when I unplug the PCI-E 6+2). As of now, the PC turns on and lights up the Num Lock on the keyboard; I read elsewhere that this indicated a successful POST. However, I get no signal on the monitor and a BOOT LED is up on the motherboard's EZ debug. At this point I see three options, with two rather tedious.

1. Hard resetting BIOS by pulling the CMOS battery out. This is the first on the list as the simplest one.
  2. Breadboarding in the sense of dismantling everything from the chassis and reassembling the components on the desk.
  3. Stripping the assembly of everything but the CPU and one RAM stick and hoping THAT would help.
This is what I am up to when I'm back from the office, but in the meanwhile I would like to hear some advice on what I should do before steps 2 and 3, which, as you can imagine, I would very much love to avoid altogether.

Thanks in advance for your help, and sorry if I was unclear on some details. I will gladly elaborate should anyone ask me to.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020
So, I unplugged the storage and assembled MB+Graphics+RAM out of the chassis. It does turn on, the keyboard lights up and the system responds to Ctrl+Alt+Delete. However, still no signal on the monitor and the Boot LED remains lit.

Does anybody have further suggestions?

And just to make sure: should the PC display at least something on the first boot without any USB or HDDs plugged in? I thought the BIOS menu should at least come up. This might be a stupid question, but from the googling experience of the last two days I know much of PC start-up is pure mumbo-jumbo; I am certain of nothing at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS