[SOLVED] No video signal from graphics card or onboard graphics.

Oct 3, 2019
I had a new computer built for my son and upon receiving it and powering it on, the monitor was not receiving a signal.

• I connected a Vizio television via HDMI cord directly into the graphics card, no signal.
  • I plugged my monitor into the graphics card via a VGA cord, and then the VGA cord with a DVI adapter. Still no signal either way.
  • I plugged the VGA and then the VGA with DVI adapter directly into the onboard graphics connection. No signal either way.
  • I took out the RAM and plugged in one of my RAM sticks. No signal.
  • I switched the jumper from 1-2 to 2-3, computer wouldn't turn on.
  • I switched the jumper back to 1-2, computer came on, still no video.
  • Removed the CMOS for 37 minutes. While it was out, I switched the jumper from 1-2 to 2-3 for 10 seconds, then moved it back to 1-2. I also held down the power button for a minute. Put the CMOS back in after 37 minutes, hooked up the monitor. Still no signal.
  • Removed the hard drive SATA cable, powered on. No signal.
  • I put the graphics card into my computer and hooked up my monitor, and got a signal, so it's not the graphics card or the cables connecting the monitor to the graphics card.
  • I have also ensured all cords/plugs are connected to everything they should be.
  • This computer doesn't have a speaker, so probably buying one tomorrow.
  • The person who built the computer is sending another CPU for me to test when it arrives Saturday.
  • Had two other guys who have built computers (one of which built my computer) weigh in on this. They were not able to suggest anything else that we haven't already tried.

Is there anything that we haven't tried already that anyone could suggest?

I went over this checklist with the builder to confirm everything had been done, and we checked/tested what we could. https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

SPECS:
Motherboard-ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0
Graphics Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB SC
CPU-Intel i5 2400
Memory-Samsung 4GBx2 1333mhz
PSU-Cooler Master MWE Bronze 500
HDD-Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Thanks, in advance, for reading this.

Oct 3, 2019
Is the BIOS the most recent? With the H61 chipset it's best to have the most recent for better hardware compatibility.

Yes. I just checked with the builder. The computer worked perfectly fine for a week, prior to him shipping it. He tested it extensively, to ensure it would do all the things I would expect my 17 year old to do on it, i.e. play a lot of video games. Upon receiving the unit and powering it on, everything worked. All fans and LED lights were running, it's just not sending a signal to the monitor.