No video signal from GTX1060, power is working, fans are spinning. 1st build. Please Help :)

Apr 4, 2018
A few weeks ago my computer stopped outputting a video signal to my display. I changed the hdmi cable and tried a different display and there was no change. About a week later I randomly went to turn on the computer and *poof* the computer is outputting video. Well, for about a week the computer worked just fine and then again *poof* no more video signal. I thought it may be a problem with the HDMI output on my GTX 1060 so I bought a display port to hdmi converter. The first time I turned on the computer after hooking up the converter, the display powered on and BIOS splash screen came up (whoo hoo it works!) is what I thought until windows didn't boot up and I couldn't use my keyboard to enter the boot options menu. I powered the computer down and now it no longer will display anything even with the converter attached. Does anyone have any idea as to what can be the issue? This is my first build and my first time trouble shooting a hardware problem. Any advice would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Dann bari

Reputable
Feb 10, 2016

hello i have same problem with my gtx 750ti
i had this problem that whenever i run game, it freezed in 2 seconds and rebooted automatically
i showed my motherboard they repaired it, then other low level gfx cards are working but not my mis gtx 750ti, it shows no signal with VGA AND HDMI, The computer boots and the fan is spinning, when i run without gfx card, it works fine, there is display but not with gfx car, please help me here

my specs-
msi 750ti
16gb ram
coolermaster liquid cooling
psu- buldozer 500w
gigabyte 78lmtusb3 motherboard
fx 6300 processor

please help me here out
thanks

Apr 8, 2018
If you are having trouble getting into the bios and the keyboard isn’t turning on fast enough, hold the power button to shutdown then push and hold it again until it turns on then turns off while you are holding the button, then power it on and the keyboard should turn on in time. This problem happens when you use fast boot in the bios. I would try reseating the graphics card and plugging in the hdmi to the gpu. If that doesn’t work try plugging it into the motherboard. Use the bios to see if the motherboard is recognizing the gpu. I’ve had a similar problem with a 960 and rx 580. They needed to be reseated and power connectors reconnected. Make sure you have up to date drivers for the gpu as well. I hope this helps!