[SOLVED] No video signal from motherboard to monitor, no bios boot screen - Gigabyte X670 AORUS ELITE AX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krytor

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
Bought new motherboard ( Gigabyte X670 AROUS ELITE AX - REV. 1.0); CPU (RYZEN 9 7950X); RAM (32GBx2 5200MHz CORSAIR CMH64GX5M2B5200Z) and I can not get any video output signal from the motherboard to the monitor (onboard HDMI output). Thinking I had gotten a bad motherboard, I replaced it and I am now on my second (X670 Elite AX) motherboard and I am still having the same problem, monitor and cables are in working order. other components, PSU corsair CX750M; GPU RX 590 FXF. trying to enter BIOS with basic set up: CPU, RAM, mouse and keyboard, but I cant see anything, no signal coming out to the monitor. Also, I did not receive any pre bios beeps

Last edited:
Reactions: leuvenaar

Colif

Win 11 Master
and I can not get any video output signal from the motherboard to the monitor (onboard HDMI output).
GPU RX 590 FXF.
So have you tried attaching monitor to actual GPU instead of the mb connection? I know CPU has graphics cores but if you have a GPU installed, it may not be active.

beeps unlikely as most mb don't have speakers anymore. Most cases don't either.
Any sign of life?

Krytor

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
So have you tried attaching monitor to actual GPU instead of the mb connection? I know CPU has graphics cores but if you have a GPU installed, it may not be active.

beeps unlikely as most mb don't have speakers anymore. Most cases don't either.
Any sign of life?
yes I tried to use the GPU in hopes it would bypass the onboard video and I did attach the speaker to the front panel, it is working correctly I got 3 beeps with out RAM installed

Krytor

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
update posting: I currently cleared CMOS and It didn't solve it. Another note to add is there are four lights on the motherboard: CPU, DRAM, VGA and BOOT. on start up the CPU lights up then goes out then the DRAM lights and stays on, this has me leaning that the RAM maybe causing the problem.

Krytor

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
status update: took tooth and nail but got it up and running. It didn't like the ram I was trying to use

CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 5200 (PC5 41600) Desktop Memory Model CMH64GX5M2B5200Z40K which was on the Gigabyte's list of usable memory. The Gigabyte tech said what are the odds of having two bad sticks from the same package and not getting any Pre-post BIOS beeps, right? I swapped out two motherboards and CPU's instead of going for the RAM first...my bad

got it to post with corsair Vengence RGB 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000 Model CMH32GX5M2B6000C40

so I now got the rig to POST but now no windows..

more to the story: I was upgrading from an AM3+ to AM5. I wanted to use my Kingston SSD that had my window 10 64 bit OS and the motherboard didn't like the M.2 got it to post to windows with motherboard driver update but was not running right. So decided to buy a new SDD and installed windows 11 to eliminate any ghost of windows 10. then I tried to install a brand new HDD and windows 11 said it had a "parameter is incorrect". Got with Microsoft, the Tech had to force the HDD to format "on a new HDD" in command prompt. (during this process It also stated the drive also had a i/o device error). Got it to finally format, then it would time out writing after 2 to 5 GB while the drive was still running at 100% (was a total nightmare with 100 GB game download) next day Microsoft sent me a message .bat that did a restart and a lot file conversion of drive files (after bios post but before window started). after all of this I was thinking that my kingston M.2 may have been ok after all, I think it was windows drivers and file formatting problems with the new HDD. The puzzling part is with using a new SSD, new windows 11 64 bit OS and a new HDD for storage and no chance of old windows corruption, why is a new HDD having the formating along with and writing issues even after installing new SATA cables? This was my second build and it got very scary with over $1,000 in new parts (thinking now I have a very expensive paper weight) not working and having windows throwing in a few kick and hits while you are down. It took under a month to get it all sorted out but I love it now. I love the building process but now I understand why people buy out of the box

Last edited:
Try this:
Power down/unplug and disconnect everything except CPU(and cooler), RAM, SSD, GPU, PSU, keyboard and mouse. DO NOT CONNECT YOUR HDD.

Clear CMOS.
Power on with you Windows 11 USB stick plugged in and enter the BIOS (hit DEL rapidly).
Make sure BIOS recognizes your Windows 11 USB stick and set it as the first boot device. Save and exit BIOS which should cause your system to restart and boot from the USB stick.

Your Windows 11 installation should start at that point.

You can add your HDD after you get Windows 11 and drivers from your motherboard's website installed.

Krytor

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2015
Try this:
Power down/unplug and disconnect everything except CPU(and cooler), RAM, SSD, GPU, PSU, keyboard and mouse. DO NOT CONNECT YOUR HDD.

Clear CMOS.
Power on with you Windows 11 USB stick plugged in and enter the BIOS (hit DEL rapidly).
Make sure BIOS recognizes your Windows 11 USB stick and set it as the first boot device. Save and exit BIOS which should cause your system to restart and boot from the USB stick.

Your Windows 11 installation should start at that point.

You can add your HDD after you get Windows 11 and drivers from your motherboard's website installed.
yeah I decided to start with new SSD and installed windows 11 on it. no problem with windows after that. I lost all my pathways to my programs but thank god for cloud saves. But with windows 11 all other storage hard drives were going crazy that I brought over from the old build. I bought a new 6 TB HDD and windows 11 couldn't format it.

Status
Not open for further replies.