Aug 4, 2019
I built a PC and started having some major issues with the video. Here are my components:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Processor with Wraith Spire LED Cooler - YD2700BBAFBOX
Primary Storage: CORSAIR FORCE Series MP300 120GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD Solid State Storage
Extra Storage: WD Blue 500GB HDD
Extra Storage: Kingston 240GB A400 SSD 2.5'' SATA 7MM 2.5-Inch SA400S37/240G
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon Rx 550 D5 2GB Graphics Card
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz
MOBO: MSI ProSeries AMD Ryzen 1st and 2ND Gen AM4 M.2 USB 3 DDR4 D-Sub DVI HDMI Micro-ATX Motherboard (B450M PRO-VDH Plus)
PSU: EVGA 450 BT, 80+ Bronze 450W, 3 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-BT-0450-K1

I built this and ran it and everything was fine. Then, I connected three monitors. I opened a browser window and stretched it from the center screen to the left screen to make sure it was extending to multiple displays. When I tried to stretch the window to the far right monitor, all monitors went dark; no signal at all per my monitors. The PC kept running. I tried multiple times and the same scenario was consistent.

I went back to running only one monitor and, after a few minutes of running, the monitor went dark; no signal.

I updated the driver for the graphics card and that didn't help. I've tried the simple things: different cables, different monitors. The GPU temp is only getting about 30 deg C. The CPU temp is only getting about 42 deg C. I am at a complete loss as to what is going on. I've tried researching this issue but came up with nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
Thanks for the very quick response!

No, as a matter of fact the gpu fans are not spinning. The do spin during startup, however. Then, just sit there.
If the fans spin on start up it may not be the gpu. Most of the time dead gpu's wont do anything. Is it possible to get the pc on long enough to get into a game? A lot of gpus fans wont spin until its under enough load to make the temps go up. But either way i would recommend a new gpu because like he said it only had 2gb of ram so probably time for an upgrade anyways.
Aug 4, 2019
My best bet is that you need a new gpu, are the fans spinning while the pc is turned on? If not, you might be in need of a new gpu, due to the gpu not being able to handle the 3 monitors since it is only a 2gb card, and a pretty low speeded gpu.

Aug 4, 2019
My best bet is that you need a new gpu, are the fans spinning while the pc is turned on? If not, you might be in need of a new gpu, due to the gpu not being able to handle the 3 monitors since it is only a 2gb card, and a pretty low speeded gpu.

No, as a matter of fact the gpu fans are not spinning. The do spin during startup, however. Then, just sit there.

Aug 4, 2019

Yup, currently having the same problem. Although my problem has something to do with the cpu not being able to run on my motherboard since I have to update my bios in order to run a 9th gen processor, but I cannot enter my bios since my cpu cant run! Although I haven't had your problem, it might be the processor or gpu. Do you have EZ Debug LED? And if so, does it light up on CPU after a POST?

Aug 4, 2019
Yup, currently having the same problem. Although my problem has something to do with the cpu not being able to run on my motherboard since I have to update my bios in order to run a 9th gen processor, but I cannot enter my bios since my cpu cant run! Although I haven't had your problem, it might be the processor or gpu. Do you have EZ Debug LED? And if so, does it light up on CPU after a POST?

I do have EZ. I notice the VGA light turn on intermittently.

Aug 3, 2019

If the fans spin on start up it may not be the gpu. Most of the time dead gpu's wont do anything. Is it possible to get the pc on long enough to get into a game? A lot of gpus fans wont spin until its under enough load to make the temps go up. But either way i would recommend a new gpu because like he said it only had 2gb of ram so probably time for an upgrade anyways.

Solution