Question No video signal through HDMI, only on VGA.

eaglez4

Prominent
Apr 15, 2018
So the thing here is, I got a VGA and an HDMI outputs but I want to use the HDMI only on the monitor, turns out the monitor won't display anything while using the HDMI only, but it works just fine, Windows detects the VGA as a generic non pnp monitor in low resolution (900p).

Things I've tried:
Both cables work fine
I tried duplicating both "screens" and it works but prioritizes the VGA (lower resolution)
Enabled the IGFX option (Instead of the PCIe) for display on the Gigabyte BIOS

Specs:

CPU: i3-8100
Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 630
MOBO: B360M D3H
GPU: None
Monitor: HP 27ER

eaglez4

Prominent
Apr 15, 2018
Your monitor has 2 HDMI inputs, have you tried both and selected the correct input in the monitors onscreen menu?
Yeah I tried both and works on any HDMI, so the ports are not defectives, also the monitor has a feature that automatically detects any signal and selects it as the screen.

So the thing here is, I got a VGA and an HDMI outputs but I want to use the HDMI only on the monitor, turns out the monitor won't display anything while using the HDMI only, but it works just fine, Windows detects the VGA as a generic non pnp monitor in low resolution (900p).

Things I've tried:
Both cables work fine
I tried duplicating both "screens" and it works but prioritizes the VGA (lower resolution)
Enabled the IGFX option (Instead of the PCIe) for display on the Gigabyte BIOS

Specs:

CPU: i3-8100
Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 630
MOBO: B360M D3H
GPU: None
Monitor: HP 27ER

There is something odd here, you are talking about duplicating screens but you only list one monitor. Seems a bit odd there. Do you have more than one monitor? You are running only one video cable to this monitor correct? And on VGA you can't set the monitor to the stock settings? If the monitor works on HDMI on other computers (from the posts sounded like you already tested it), most likely issue is drivers. Go to device manager, see what is showing up for the video card and check the drivers there, post what you see.

eaglez4

Prominent
Apr 15, 2018
There is something odd here, you are talking about duplicating screens but you only list one monitor. Seems a bit odd there. Do you have more than one monitor? You are running only one video cable to this monitor correct? And on VGA you can't set the monitor to the stock settings? If the monitor works on HDMI on other computers (from the posts sounded like you already tested it), most likely issue is drivers. Go to device manager, see what is showing up for the video card and check the drivers there, post what you see.
Yeah I connected both VGA and HDMI cables to the same monitor, both cables work fine on other monitors too, and as I mentioned before, when the HDMI cable is connected only, the screen won't show up, but if the VGA cable is connected only, the screen shows up normally, here is the picture of device manager window. My apologies if I mixed a bit the entire context.

WM9bRYq.png

TRENDING THREADS