No video to monitor - New Build

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Hello, just built my new PC, but I cannot seem get any video connection to my monitor. Everything seems to be working fine, fans spin, Motherboard lights are on, I can hear the HDD working, RAM lights up, and two of the RAM specificly blink consecutively when I put them in the right buses and not the left... I'm not sure what else to try. I definitly know my GPU works because it worked in my last computer perfectly.

MoBo: Asus X-99 Deluxe
CPU: Intel i7-5930K 3.5Ghz
Ram: DDR4 (4x4)16gb 2666Hz
GPU: AMD R9 290x 4gb
CPU cooler: Corsair H105
PSU: SeaSonix 1250 Watt 80 + Gold
Storage: 1x Samsung 1TB SSD, 1x Toshiba 2tb 7200rpm 64mb
Monitor: Asus 24" 1ms

They plug into the AAFP connector (check the manual, page 1-29).
But you have to set in BIOS, Advanced menu, Onboard Devices configuration, HD Audio Controller, Front Panel Type to Ac97 (manual page 3-42).
The manual is helpful in these situations. Take some time and read it.

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Ok, audio is working in the headset (front audio/speaker jacks). I am getting the Q-Code "30", it says "System is waking up from S3 Sleep State? What is S3? Also, these Q-Codes, do they stay the same unless another code appears?

If you let the computer unattended a certain period of time (it depends on the setting in Windows), it goes to sleep (S3 state). When woken up it shows 30 -again, not an error but state. As long as the system works, don't worry too much about those codes.

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Hello, I've always been wondering what this is and never cared to ask until now because it's very annoying on my new computer. Any time I start a game, somewhere inside my computer, I get these quiet deep sounds, or squeezing noises, but if I switched back to desktop, the sound changes to a loud deep sound or a louder sqeaking sound. Any idea?

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Yeah, it's coming from my Video card (AMD R9 290x 4gb)... But it doesn't sound like the fan is making the noise. Also, I got the NZXT Sentry 2 fan controller, but I can only control the fans from 40%-100%, how can I control them to 0%?

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Ok, well, too late for RMA (warrenty ran out a little bit ago). Also, the fan controller didn't come with any manuals :p. Lastly, if I were to OC my CPU, what is the best program to view if my CPU is stable or not, run some tests, etc. Thanks.

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Hello again, question. Something's gotta be wrong, I have nothing open besides a picture I was re sizing resolution to fit my screen and all of a sudden my CPU jumps from 65F to 115F and goes to almost full load, everything wouldn't stop lagging for a few mins, but then the temps instantly dropped all the way back down to 64F. I'm using MSI Afterburner for the temps.

Edit: Actually, not only my CPU but my GPU was doing the same.

Deathcon51

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Uhm, my computer isn't atarting correctly anymore. I went into BIOS before this problem occurred, and I changed the DRAM to 2800Mhz, and turned off the EPU power saving feature and my computer turns on, then off over and over and is only on for 3-4 seconds.

Edit: Nevermind, got the BIOS on now. Just took 8 POST fails. Weird, :/.

TRENDING THREADS