No video with GPU / Onboard.. 2nd motherboard to do this.

xkarat3x

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Little bit of a story to start you guys out :)

About 2 months ago my friends computer stopped working.. Couldnt get video from the GPU or the Onboard. Since the CPU was new-ish and the GPU/Ram worked fine in other computers I came to the conclusion it was the motherboard. Replacing it worked. I had it for a week afterwords and used it everyday of that week. So I gave it back to my friend.. Worked fine for about 1 more week. Now that same issue is coming up again.

My guess is its the power supply burning out the mobo in some way. But I dont want to go out and buy a PS based on a hunch. Since my friend isnt fronting me any of this money.

Any ideas?

PS. The only difference that I can actually note is with the GPU... During the first breakdown his GPU fan speed was always at 100%.. This time around it sounds normal.

PSPS. I put in a little speaker for post beeps, But I cant seem to get any out of it. So no help there.

xkarat3x

Honorable
Apr 16, 2012
Antec Earthwatts - EA430D

GPU temps used to get into the 80s/90s playing games like Skyrim/SC2 but I applied new thermal paste to get them down to a max of 70. GPU is in my brothers computer now working fine.