[SOLVED] No warranty for a $400 dollar Zotac ?

Jun 19, 2022
So I just found a Zotac new for MSRP. I normally don’t buy any brands but EVGA but I’ve been waiting 18 months for a 3000 series card. I jumped on the card for MSRP. Well I didn’t do enough research, like I said I’ve only ever bought from EVGA and I didn’t know other companies warranties were so bad.

So the way I understand it because I didn’t buy from a verified dealer I’m completely out a warranty. I don’t think I can even register the card without a receipt from an authorized vendor.

does anyone know if they even have a 1 year manufacturing warranty?

Does anyone have any experience with Zotac cards? Do they have a higher fail rate thay other brands? I’m scared to even open it as I’m pretty much screwed now.

should I try and resell it? I’ve never had a video card fail on me but there is a first time for everything.

edit: going to probably sell it and possibly lose money and wait 3 weeks for it to get here just to buy an EVGA :/ so disappointed.

edit 2: it’s a 3060ti MSRP no warranty, brand new, would you risk using it or wait…?

Last edited:
Solution
Hi
I have used Zotac gpu's with no issue's at all.
Gtx 960 4gb still in use in my wifes.
Gtx 1060 6gb used in mine and then in my son's till I sold it to a friend for his son.
A gtx 1070 ti 8gb in mine till I bought my used evga rtx 2080 ti ftw3.

Next month I will be putting the 1070-Ti in my wifes while I'm on vacation and retire the 960 as emergency backup.

Zotac is not the best brand But certainly not the worst.

Best bet if your zotac has 2 power connections then use 2 cables from the psu.

Good Luck !!!!!!!!!
Hi
Gtx 1060 6gb used in mine and then in my son's till I sold it to a friend for his son.

Next month I will be putting the 1070-Ti in my wifes while I'm on vacation and retire the 960 as emergency backup.

Good Luck !!!!!!!!!

Solution
I’ve owned a few zotac cards and they’ve been decent cards with no issues. You might as well install it. If it works great no need to worry. If not you are still in the same boat. As many cards are produced the odds are it will work fine and serve you well for years you come as long as you keep it dusted and cleaned out like any other card.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022
Hi

Good Luck !!!!!!!!!
Thank you for the reply, this has made me feel a lot better. The thing is I don’t think Zotac is a bad company or that their GPUs fail at a rate any higher than any other manufacturer, but their are GPUs that will fail, like any other manufacturer. Very very small chance I’ll get a bad card, but theirs still a chance.

thank you for the reply. I’ll probably end up taking the risk.

Jun 19, 2022
I’ve owned a few zotac cards and they’ve been decent cards with no issues. You might as well install it. If it works great no need to worry. If not you are still in the same boat. As many cards are produced the odds are it will work fine and serve you well for years you come as long as you keep it dusted and cleaned out like any other card.
That’s the thing. I DONT think Zotac makes worse cards than any other top manufacturer, despite what the online echo chamber would lead you to believe. But like any manufacturer, they will have cards that fail. Right now I have a brand new sealed card. The second I pop it open and stick it in my PC it loses $100-$200 dollars and is a lot harder to sell.

That said I’m also aware that the chances of getting a dud card are like 1 in a 1000, And the vast majority of people that own these cards are not even gonna need to worry about the warranty. First world problems man you live you learn I’m lucky to have gotten a card MSRP.

So frustrated for not just waiting a little longer though. Literally lost sleep over this last night. So tired of this market and dealing with this.

thank you all for the input and replies. I had made up my mind I was going to for sure sell it last night, now I’m inching my way back to keeping it.

At this point you’ve already purchased it. If you sold it to someone else as new, if there were anything about your card they might demand a refund. At least if you try it you know for sure. But completely your decision.

I do know on eBay for example the buyer has the money back guarantee regardless if you offer returns. So if you were to sell to someone and they said your card didn’t work, then they might file a case and get their money back anyway. At least I’ve heard eBay tends to favor buyers. But yes there is a little risk either way.

Reactions: RuffSamurai
Jun 19, 2022
At this point you’ve already purchased it. If you sold it to someone else as new, if there were anything about your card they might demand a refund. At least if you try it you know for sure. But completely your decision.

I do know on eBay for example the buyer has the money back guarantee regardless if you offer returns. So if you were to sell to someone and they said your card didn’t work, then they might file a case and get their money back anyway. At least I’ve heard eBay tends to favor buyers. But yes there is a little risk either way.

yeah really good point then I would also be out the graphics card. Oh man I don’t know what to do.. I’ll probably just take the chance at this point. Realistically I think I’ll be OK nervous really nervous though as I am on a budget and I cannot afford a new graphics card if this one breaks and I’ll just be at a loss. Thank you so much for all the replies and support I really appreciate it. So frustrating as the EVGA card was like $60 dollars more. Would’ve happily paid that for peace of mind. You live you learn. Wish me luck with the silicone lottery.

Jun 19, 2022
You could also use a service like affirm where it lets you pay payments up to 12 months. Depending on credit of course.
You know what man that is actually not a bad idea I qualified for it a couple weeks ago on the EVGA website and then I could get the EVGA card while I wait for this one to come I’m not really worried about having trouble selling it. Thank you for your input man this is giving me a lot to think about.