No Wifi adapter and driver after fresh installing Windows 10 Fall Creator on new Dell laptop

Quantum007

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2016
A week ago I bought a new Dell G5 laptop,witch came with Ubuntu on it.Since I am not into this OS,I decided to install Windows 10.So,I did go to Microsoft site,downloaded Windows 10 64 bits using Media Creation Tools,burned it on a dvd and,finally,installed it on my new laptop.So far so good,only to realise that I only could connect to Ethernet,showing only an Ethernet tray with a red cross,but no Wifi.Because of my router I can't connect to Ethernet on any laptop,so Wifi is my only hope.Searching a bit on the system,I realised that there is no Wifi adaptor and,also,there is no Wifi driver.I've allready tried to manually install a wifi driver for my exact model from Dell site,but no change.Neither an adapter or a driver are showing,and my wifi is still not working.I can't update my drivers since I can't connect to Wifi.What should I do?I was so eager to use my new laptop :(

Quantum007

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2016
I have managed to solve this problem.It appears that,after installing 2 different drivers,I have found the one that was needeed and therefore installed it manually.Now everything is fine.Still I am wondering why I didn't get this driver automatically when I installed the OS,but at least it's working now!