no wifi driver after fresh windows 10 install

vikyy17

Reputable
Oct 8, 2015
i got a new hp laptop today that came with DOS. i downloaded windows 10 image file from Microsoft official website using media creation tool and then burnt it on a DVD. using the disc i successfully installed windows 10 but then i discovered the wifi driver (recognized by five vertical lines like cellular network in mobiles) was missing in the taskbar in the bottom right corner. there's only ethernet driver where if i click i get aeroplane mode option. i tried installing all drivers manually in the hp's site under my model but didn't work. please help

Solution
1. Enter the Network & Internet settings category
2. If it’s not already selected, click or tap the Status section in the column on the left.
3. On the right side of the window, scroll until you reach the bottom of the list of settings. There, you should see a link called Network reset. Click or tap on it
4. The Settings app will open a view called Network reset, where you’re told that “This will remove then reinstall all your network adapters, and set other networking components back to their original settings. You might need to reinstall other networking software afterwards, such as VPN client software or virtual switches.”
If you’re okay with all that and you want to go ahead with resetting your network adapters, click or tap the...

ARHAM_2

Commendable
Aug 14, 2016
check bios is there a wifi adapter in bios
check system info. at the end there should be two adapters bluetooth and wifi
and tell me your adapter name
i got a hp laptop too mine realtek card is fried after a year.
hp has been putting faulty adapter in 15 series notebooks

Azcexk

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
1. Enter the Network & Internet settings category
2. If it’s not already selected, click or tap the Status section in the column on the left.
3. On the right side of the window, scroll until you reach the bottom of the list of settings. There, you should see a link called Network reset. Click or tap on it
4. The Settings app will open a view called Network reset, where you’re told that “This will remove then reinstall all your network adapters, and set other networking components back to their original settings. You might need to reinstall other networking software afterwards, such as VPN client software or virtual switches.”
If you’re okay with all that and you want to go ahead with resetting your network adapters, click or tap the Reset now button.
5. Windows 10 will ask you to confirm that you want to reset your network adapters. If you do, click or tap on Yes.

Thats it

Solution