Question No Windows 11 Login Screen - Can't Enter Bios

Aug 23, 2022
I built this machine in June. Until recently, it was working fine. Over the past week or so, it's completely locked up on me and I've had to reboot. Today, it locked up and when rebooting Win 11, I get a login window but can't access the window to enter PIN. I have the Win 11 flash drive I originally used when building the PC but can't use it because I can't get to the bios.

Am trying to enter Bios to change boot order hitting F12 as instructed. Bios screen either goes straight to the locked Windows screen OR brings me to a blue screen with Recovery (It looks like Windows didn't load correctly) with buttons for See Advanced Repair Options or Restart my PC but the screen is locked. Cannot choose either option. How can I get into the bios? Or how can I get a windows login screen?

I've basically removed every USB connection and any unnecessary peripherals and that made no difference. I've connected the BT keyboard via USB cable. Same result. I've tried plugging the monitors to both the GeForce card and the on-board MB connections and that makes no difference.

Suggestions?

MB Gigabyte Z690 AERO G DDR4 (1.x)
Video Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 V2
CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K 3.7
RAM Teamforce 64 GB
Power Supply:EVGA SuperNOVA 120-GP-0650-X1CPU

Colif

Win 11 Master
Am trying to enter Bios to change boot order hitting F12 as instructed. Bios screen either goes straight to the locked Windows screen OR brings me to a blue screen with Recovery (It looks like Windows didn't load correctly) with buttons for See Advanced Repair Options or Restart my PC but the screen is locked.
how is it locked?

Are you using a wired keyboard as wireless can have issues.

resetting cmos should get you into bios
see page 32 - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...220113.pdf?v=51eea994811e05f7ec57bc5217a38c6d

Aug 23, 2022
how is it locked?

You can't choose an option or close the screen. Enter, Arrow Keys, Escape Keys, nothing happens.

Are you using a wired keyboard as wireless can have issues.

It's wireless but has never had issues. I also plugged it in via USB cable and it made no difference. I've got a wired KB in storage and will try it and then try the CMOS but that's usually just when you can't access the BIOS screen at all.

see page 32 - https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...220113.pdf?v=51eea994811e05f7ec57bc5217a38c6d
[/QUOTE]

Aug 23, 2022
You can't choose an option or close the screen. Enter, Arrow Keys, Escape Keys, nothing happens.

It's wireless but has never had issues. I also plugged it in via USB cable and it made no difference. I've got a wired KB in storage and will try it and then try the CMOS but that's usually just when you can't access the BIOS screen at all.

[/QUOTE]

Boy do I feel stupid. Just prior to locking up this afternoon, my Internet went down and I was trying to connect to my Hotspot on my phone and couldn't find it in the network list. I'd accidentally put the PC in Airplane Mode. It's a desktop which of course I never use in Airplane mode so I didn't notice. So the computer wasn't locked up, I'd just told it to ignore my BT keyboard and mouse. I guess connecting via USB powers it but doesn't make a full connection.

I was surprised when the wired keyboard wouldn't let me into the BIOS either but then I got the Win 11 login screen and am back in business.

Colif

Win 11 Master
oh.. that explains that then

You can get into bios via windows if you ever want to get in again. Though the button choices on startup are easier, if your PC is too fast you only get a few seconds to hit right key.

go to settings/system/recovery
next to fast startup, click restart now
PC restarts in a blue menu
Pick troubleshoot
pick advanced
pick UEFI Firmware interface
PC will restart and load BIOS