No Windows 7 drivesr for laptop?

CTrap33

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
I have an Asus Q302L laptop that came installed with Windows 10. I am swapping the HDD with a faster SSD. At the same time, I have installed windows 7 to the SSD because I prefer this OS over 10. Everything went fine until I tried to download drivers for basic things. However, there only seem to be drivers available for windows 10 and 8.1: https://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/664/0/1/B54QCgYKVgEix639/41/

So, I cannot do simple things like use the hdmi out to connect to my TV. For other things, like the network driver, I simply downloaded and installed the windows 10 driver, and for some reason this works even though I am running windows 7.

But for things like the graphics driver, it is incompatible and I get an error message I don't know what to do or where to find proper drivers.

Does anyone know where to find compatible drivers or am I out of luck?

Thanks in advance.

For the record I could not find ANY information about an Asus Q302L notebook neither in America nor in European servers from Asus, are you sure that is the correct model number (look on label underneath Laptop)

so here is my generic answer; the things is that win 7 stopped supported hardware 2 years before windows 10 came out, so all new computers where designed to match windows 10 drivers, in cheaper laptops they use older hardware and sometimes you can get away with downgrading to windows 7 but in your case seems your out of choices.

laptop manufacturers usually do not have drivers for an OS older then what comes with it. the best scenario from asus would be if they had drivers for windows 8.1. other then that you could always google every device on the laptop to see if there are any drivers for windows 7 out there

but it could be worse, your laptop could have come with windows 8 lol

Sandeepkumar98

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
Same thing happened to me last week when I installed win 7 on a new laptop.
For me wifi driver of windows10 worked and I download many driver updater but none of them worked.

REDACTED by Moderator

CTrap33

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013

a few work for me too: wifi, audio, video card. Some do not work

USAFRet

Titan

The recommendation and suggestion of using cracked software is a no-go in here. Period.
Consider this your one and only one notification of this.