[SOLVED] No Windows or mobo logo on boot, only on reboot, possibly after GPU change

Dec 7, 2019
Hi, I recently noticed that when I boot my PC all I get is a black screen and then the Windows 7 welcome screen comes up, no Mobo logo and no Windows loading animation as usual. Not sure how long this lasts, but a couple of days ago I replaced my GPU (GTX 770 -> RX590). Hence, I used DDU to get rid of all NVIDIA drivers and then did a clean reinstall of recommended WHQL AMD GPU drivers, but this did not resolve the issue. The strangest thing is that when I reboot the system, the MSI mobo screen and windows loading animation appear as usual. They disappear only during a normal boot. Apart from the missing logos all works perfectly, no craches etc. What can I do to get it back to normal? I also had problem getting to safe mode with F8 key, but resolved it with msconfig. When PC boots in safe mode it also doesnt show logo/animation.
My configuration is:
MSI Z87-G45
Intel i5 4690K @ 4.3GHz
Powercolor Red Dragon RX590
8 GB DDR3 RAM
Corsair CX550 PSU

Solution
Got my problem somewhat sorted out. I researched Google extensively and it looks like my new gpu doesn't connect properly with BIOS or something. There are a couple of workarounds for it - When I connect my monitor with HDMI cable it displays BIOS splash screen and windows animation, but when it's connected with DVI-D it doesn't. Another option is to switch the monitor manually on after I turn the PC on. Lastly, I was checking every component for defects and after using memtest I noticed that when USB stick is plugged in USB port it also displays the screens at boot. Hope I helped sb with similar problems.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd keep an eye on that PSU and it's wattage since the 590 is a power hungry card, whereby you're suggested to have a 600W PSU made by a reliable brand for the entire system with an RX590 populating the system. That being said, you need not worry if you don't see the motherboard BIOS splash screen. Also, to note, what version of BIOS are you currently on?

Dec 7, 2019
600W? Powercolor website says 500W is recommended for this GPU, even for more OC'd versions of other manufacturers they do not recommend more than 550W. My Bios version is 1.9 , did not think to update it, I'll try it now. Thanks for answer.
EDIT: There's no newer BIOS version on MSI site, no need to update :D

Dec 7, 2019
Got my problem somewhat sorted out. I researched Google extensively and it looks like my new gpu doesn't connect properly with BIOS or something. There are a couple of workarounds for it - When I connect my monitor with HDMI cable it displays BIOS splash screen and windows animation, but when it's connected with DVI-D it doesn't. Another option is to switch the monitor manually on after I turn the PC on. Lastly, I was checking every component for defects and after using memtest I noticed that when USB stick is plugged in USB port it also displays the screens at boot. Hope I helped sb with similar problems.

Solution