Question No wired internet.

Mar 17, 2019
Well, quick summary:
Desktop pc at my room can't identify the ethernet connection at all. It usually takes about 2-3 mins identifying to "network not identified" obviously without access to the internet.

This issue only happened after i got my new router as the old one just died.
I had my pc in the living room connected directly to the modem and it was working just fine. Obviously with the new router now the modem cable is connected to the router.
My pc had internet perfectly fine when i used the new ethernet cord that came with the router, in fact i used that to setup the router for about 4-5 mins before moving my pc back to my room. This was done in the living room.
The problem starts when after setting up everything back at my room and using a much larger ethernet cord, the "network not identified" problem arises. Obviously i assumed it was due this cable failing or my nic not working/faulty drivers out of nowhere.
First i tried to use the same "faulty" ethernet cable on my laptop. Turns out, laptop is working perfectly it. PS4? Perfectly fine. Smart TV? Fine as well. That also includes using each port of the router from 1 to 5.
Well, obviously now it has to be the PC as the router ports and the cable works perfectly fine... decided to go back to the living room with my desktop to use the short cable that came with the router...
Ethernet connection now is working flawlessly. I even tried to connect the modem cable directly to my pc again and it's working just fine.

I genuinely don't know what's the cause, but what i really want to know is how to fix that. I dislike to use my pc in the living room. And i want to know if the router is at fault, so i can return it before it's too late.
PD: The new router is Acrux 1200 AC.
Also wifi connections works perfectly fine.

Well, u seem to have tried every combination and the single remaining variable is the new long cable. Either fake CAT cable and/or too long (suggest no longer than 70 meters).

Sign of a fake CAT cable: No markings on jacket. Less than 1.5 twist per cm, look with outer jacket removed but often can visually inspect by bumps on jacket. CCA (copper clad aluminum) either stamped on jack, or visual inspection but you will have to cut open the cable to find out.

Now if u DIY this cable, am OUT. I only deal with pre-made cables from known vendors.

Mar 17, 2019
Well, this is awkward to say the least. After a whole day of working, decided to try again at my room:
Not identified network as usual.
Went back to the living room, everything working just fine.
Decided to swap the long ethernet cable end. The side connected to the router is now connected to the pc and the side that used to be connected to the pc is now connected to the router and oddly enough, it worked.