No wired or wireless connection, I'm stuck!

Mortelle

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
I've used this site for a long time to troubleshoot various issues with my PC an the community has always had an answer, but this time I feel like I need to ask personally.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and I've been having trouble with my wired AND wireless connections since I got home from work 7 hours ago. My boyfriend accidentally unplugged my PC when he was vaccuming and I haven't been able to connect since I booted it back up. Running the troubleshooter, both connections result in "the ethernet/wireless adapter is experiencing problems". The wired network gives me no connection whatsoever (red X on the taskbar) and the wireless says "limited connectivity" with the orange sun-looking icon.

Here's a list of everything I tried:

Uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled drivers for both adapters.
Ran a thorough uninstall tool for AVG (a forum thread said this was a possible issue) and rebooted.
Defragged hard drive and ran CCleaner to repair registry.
Performed system restore from five days ago.
Deleted and reconfigured wireless network settings.
Disabled all firewalls/antivirus.
Uninstalled iTunes/Bonjour/QuickTime mostly because I hate them.

I'm using a Netgear WN111v2 wireless adapter, RealTek 8102e/8103e PCI-e FE Family Controller ethernet drivers, and a Sagem Fast 1704 Windstream modem.

When I bring up the Netgear interface, the VirtualProfile settings show that the adapter is connected with 100% signal strength yet I still get limited (zero) connectivity. Ipconfig gives me a whole lot of nothing: "Media state........ : Media disconnected" and "Connection-specific DNS Suffix: [blank]".

I'm no expert, though far from technologically illiterate, but I'm completely stuck. I've tried everything I can think of and every recommendation I've read, even the ones that didn't seem like they'd work, but nothing is producing a result. The only option I've yet to try is backing up my important files to my external HDD and doing a total reset. I really don't want to have to do that. Any suggestions, no matter how strange, are appreciated.

Sorry, I misunderstood - I thought you only reinstalled the drivers and missed the other entry in your list. In Internet Options>Connection tab>LAN button, are there any ticks in the Proxy section? If so, please remove them and tick "Automatically detect settings" then click Apply and OK your way out.

Mortelle

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
I'm using my phone to post on the forums so a simle copy-and-paste isn't quite so simple. No worries, though. I got too frustrated and washed my hands of the whole thing, and I'm reinstalling windows now. If this still doesn't work, I dunno what I'll do.