[SOLVED] No wireless adaptor shows up in device manager

Apr 7, 2020
After converting a Linux laptop to windows to be able to sell it for more, I tried to connect to the internet. I saw there was no Wi-Fi option. After some digging I saw there where no wireless adaptors in device manager. After trying to install some drivers to see if I could get it to show up, one of the driver installers said there was no wireless adaptor the drivers could be updated for. Does anyone know a fix for this at all. The laptop is Honor MagicBook 14, the wireless adaptor is Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265.

Solution
Try flashing the BIOS to the latest version. To do that you'll have to identify the actual manufacturer of the laptop, go to their website, and find the download page for the specific model. Honor Computer Systems is a reseller and has no driver or BIOS downloads on their website.

Balrog49

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2015
Try flashing the BIOS to the latest version. To do that you'll have to identify the actual manufacturer of the laptop, go to their website, and find the download page for the specific model. Honor Computer Systems is a reseller and has no driver or BIOS downloads on their website.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS