[SOLVED] No wireless network after fresh installing windows 8.1

Muhamad-j1234

Reputable
Dec 31, 2020
My laptops age isn't a problem and it's not to new. It's a dell so I went to drivers download from dell but my os wasn't there (I have windows 10 32 bit)

Why would you try to installed windows 8.1? It was one of the worst windows versions ever, along with Vista. They designed 8.1 to operate as a tablet and some garbage app screen that took forever to scroll through to find your app.

D

Deleted member 14196

Windows 8.1 is not faster than windows 10 not even in your dreams

You can download windows 10 to an iso or a USB stick using the windows media creation tool

Windows 10 removed much of the bloat on windows 8.1. It was designed to run on machines with at least 2GB of ram. I upgraded my parent's AIO computer from windows 7 to windows 10 and it runs faster with windows 10. Their computer only has 4gb of ram as well.

Yea, windows 10 is basically unusable with a magnetic SSD. The hard drive will be at 100% usage nearly the whole time. My apologies, I forgot. Every friend that has run into this issue had me replace the HDD with an SSD since they're so cheap now, like $20 for a 128gb drive at microcenter.

But how much is a 1tb SSD

What model number laptop do you have? Many times you might have an extra space for another hard drive or M.2 SATA or NGFF (older laptops) slot for an SSD drive. Or as Alabacho said, you can replace your CD rom drive with a hard drive caddy on many laptops.

An M.2 SATA SSD or M.2 NGFF will be the cheapest option, you can find NGFF drives 128gb used on ebay for <$20. You can buy brand new M.2 SATA SSD's for about $25. 128GB is enough to load Windows and all your main programs for productivity. All those programs will load and open very fast. Then you can retain your 1TB magnetic hard drive for slow data like videos and pictures that you offload, or for file storage.

D

Deleted member 14196

128 Is not enough for windows not by a long shot don’t listen to anyone who says so. get at least a 500 GB SSD or you’re wasting your time. Sata 500 GB SSD’s are cheap