• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question No Wireless Networks Available

Cameron_30

Reputable
Aug 2, 2016
I’m having a problem with my wireless network adaptor. I just swapped cases on my PC today as well as got a new power supply. Putting it into the new case I had the problem that when I attempted to connect to a wireless network, it either displayed no networks, or displayed my network but with a very poor connection which is uncommon.

I attempted to unplug and replug my network adapter, as well as updating my drivers and have had no luck with resolving my issue.

Any ideas?

kanewolf

Titan
I’m having a problem with my wireless network adaptor. I just swapped cases on my PC today as well as got a new power supply. Putting it into the new case I had the problem that when I attempted to connect to a wireless network, it either displayed no networks, or displayed my network but with a very poor connection which is uncommon.

I attempted to unplug and replug my network adapter, as well as updating my drivers and have had no luck with resolving my issue.

Any ideas?
Was this JUST a case swap or was there a motherboard swap also?
If just a case swap, then I agree with @popatim -- check your antennas.

Cameron_30

Reputable
Aug 2, 2016
Was this JUST a case swap or was there a motherboard swap also?
If just a case swap, then I agree with @popatim -- check your antennas.
It was just a case swap. I’m not quite sure that I understand what you mean by the antennas? If you mean something on the motherboard? Then everything was as it was initially

kanewolf

Titan
I have a motherboard specific for a prebuilt PC that comes with a plugged in wireless adapter which doesn’t have any antennas on it.
"Plugged in" a wireless adapter doesn't tell us anything about it. Is it in a slot? Is is USB? Is it part of the motherboard?
We can't see what you SEE. Please provide more specifics. Make and model of the WIFI adapter?

popatim

Titan
Or a link to pic of it if you can may help as well.

Wifi needs antennas. Whether your's has built in antenna's remains to be determined.

Also, which case did you get? If this card has built in antennas a metal case could easily be blocking the signal.

ASK THE COMMUNITY