No Wireless Networks found (Windows 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakob_024

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
Hello.

When I first got my rig working, the wireless adapter was working just fine.

I tested it once when I set the PC up and it worked fine, and then immediately swapped to an ethernet connection.

HOWEVER, now I am working from home via a laptop, and it has to take an ethernet cable. So I moved the ethernet from my desktop to my laptop, and thought I'd just use wireless for my desktop while I work (if I need to use my desktop).

When I tried to set up the wireless internet all I see is "No Wireless networks Foud" even though my iPhone and Laptop right beside me can detect multiple Wireless networks.

Anyways, it is really bothering me that it's not working correctly, and I've read online a bit that a certain windows 10 update caused this issue with some people, but I am unable to find a fix for it.

Thank you for reading!

Jakob_024

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
Yes I am sure lol why would I be here if my pc didn’t have a network adapter in it?

It’s “Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168”.

Also like I said in the post, when I first got the pc it worked fine

Yes I am sure lol why would I be here if my pc didn’t have a network adapter in it?
you would be surprised the number of times people "think" they have something in their desktop that isn't there.

questions;
So in device manager the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 isn't marked with a red x or yellow x is it ?
if you go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections the wireless is not disabled is it ?

Jakob_024

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
I completely understand man haha not everyone is tech savvy.

Anyways, no it is not marked with a red or yellow x nor is it disabled. Also I’ve tried to uninstall the drivers and have them reinstall when I reboot the PC and that didn’t help at all.

Jakob_024

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015
Nope, well there usually is an Ethernet plugged in, but the Ethernet has been going to a laptop during my work hours.

Also, the router is a Netgear AC1750. However the WiFi networks seem to work fine for the laptop and cell phones/tablets.

Jakob_024

Reputable
Dec 13, 2015

Sorry for the late response.

So I did the update from the intel website. Which is really weird because I tried to update multiple times through windows itself and it couldn't find an update, however, there was an update available and I did try it.

HOWEVER, It still did not fix the No Wireless Networks Found issue.

-____-

Status
Not open for further replies.