Noctua Announces Low-Profile NH-L12 CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
This looks fantastic for some of those stubborn (small) mini-ITX builds in which you want to put some crazy hot processor in a case the size of a briefcase.

phump

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
It's interesting that they have non-identical fan sizes. I've been wondering if that is beneficial or not, thinking that different fans could create some kind of canceling effect reducing the cooling potential.

omega21xx

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I'm also interested in seeing how this performs to other HTPC sized coolers as well as a good tower size cooler just to put it in perspective :)
I could go for one of these in the new build I just made for my girlfriend.

cbrunnem

Distinguished
[citation][nom]phump[/nom]It's interesting that they have non-identical fan sizes. I've been wondering if that is beneficial or not, thinking that different fans could create some kind of canceling effect reducing the cooling potential.[/citation]
ram clearance

This would be great for HTPCs with grill tops... but if your ventilation is rear only then this design could really suck. Only Noctua could design a low profile CPU cooler that dwarfs even stock coolers lol

aliened

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]phump[/nom]It's interesting that they have non-identical fan sizes. I've been wondering if that is beneficial or not, thinking that different fans could create some kind of canceling effect reducing the cooling potential.[/citation]

lol?

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
I'm not convinced that only 4 heatpipes with such a small amount of total fin area to dissipate the heat will be that affective in spite of the extra fan underneath. Will look forward to a review on other sites.

cmcghee358

Distinguished
[citation][nom]schizofrog[/nom]I'm not convinced that only 4 heatpipes with such a small amount of total fin area to dissipate the heat will be that affective in spite of the extra fan underneath. Will look forward to a review on other sites.[/citation]

Considering this is a preview, and not a review I will look forward to a review on tomshardware.

hmp_goose

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Grab some of those Cooler Master Geminii, get a Cooler Master 360, maybe a Silverstone Grandia GD01B-R, see if any of them will work *fan-less* with a Pentium G620 or so: Call it a BBQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.