So indecisive I feel locked up. Planning an X570/5900x build with one of these coolers and feel like there's going to be compromises either way because of my case. What would you do in this situation?
- The no-compromise market leader in air cooling
- Comes with 2 fans, and mounting clips for them
- Always have the option to run 1 fan
- Will create RAM clearance issues with 2 fans, unless I go low profile but that will limit my options, which feels like an issue with an AMD build
- Very tall, so within 2 mm of my case's CPU cooler vertical clearance. Not so much worried about fit, but airflow and looks since it will be jammed up to the window.
- No vertical clearance issues whatsoever because 5mm lower
- Fits a wider variety of RAM
- On the FT02, the D15S's offset puts it much closer to my PSU than GPU. I assume this is worse for cooling? Wouldn't the PSU radiate more heat the GPU's backplate?
- I don't see an extra pair of fan clips for the D15S, so running two fans (maybe a 120mm bottom) is questionable.