News Noctua Delays Highly Anticipated White Fans and Next-Gen NH-D15 Cooler

artk2219

Distinguished
questionable.

White is the WORST color to try to match.

White for 1 brand is not same as a different brand's white. thus it looks off.

their brand color scheme isnt everyones cup of tea but it has its fanbase.

more sad about the next gen cooler...

I agree, brown and tan aint the prettiest, but it is noctua's signature color scheme, and those concerns aren't even taking into account oxidation and UV exposure, those fans will likely look pretty gross in a few years. That being said I'll freely admit that this is coming from a biased perspective, I actively avoid white for anything I wear or own because everything shows up on it, or it discolors, or its a pain to match, ehhhh yeah no thanks.

Last edited:

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
There is little reason for Noctua to rush out a next gen CPU air cooler. Even at this point in time, the current revision of NH15 is still one of the best. While competitors are catching up, they have not soundly beaten Noctua in terms of performance vs noise.

Reactions: artk2219

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
There is little reason for Noctua to rush out a next gen CPU air cooler. Even at this point in time, the current revision of NH15 is still one of the best. While competitors are catching up, they have not soundly beaten Noctua in terms of performance vs noise.
I agree that the D15/S is one tough cookie to match, but cost is still an important factor for many out there... and Noctua's user friendly Secu-firm kit won't be enough to turn their heads over that.
If those folks can get comparable performance for much less, I'm sure they'll be plenty happy.

For the price, NH-D15/S has like one competitor - Thermalright. The FUMA 2, is a runner up of sorts, but it starts to lag behind the big Ds with higher heat loads and going up from there - think 200w+?
The stock fans hold it back, but then the great low noise profile would be lost from swapping in stronger fans.

As you go down the stack from D15/S, the number of options from the competition opens up.
Looking at it that way... U12A, U14S, U12S, etc, are bloody expensive. D15/S is, ironically, the most cost effective of the stack.

Reactions: artk2219