Noctua Evolves Fan Active Noise Cancellation Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leamon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
There comes a point where you have to realize it's just fan noise. I'm only a foot and a half from mine and the noise doesn't bother me at all. Who is really willing to pay such a high price for this?

"When we asked about pricing, we got a very simple and clear response: "Expensive.""

well their regular fans are $20-30... so we're probably looking at $50+ fans here :p

There comes a point where you have to realize it's just fan noise. I'm only a foot and a half from mine and the noise doesn't bother me at all. Who is really willing to pay such a high price for this?

I love how some people complain about PC fan noise, go out of their way to build a silent PC, then blast some 12,000U AC unit on high to keep room temperature in check in the summer

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
This is actually really cool. If I could greatly improve the airflow in my case with no increase in noise, I'd be willing to pay a lot more. This could actually make smaller cases with smaller, higher RPM fans more appealing.

renzhe

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I work with audio a lot on my computer, which I've built for this purpose. Less noise lets me hear more stuff without turning the volume up too much.

lancelot123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
I love how some people complain about PC fan noise, go out of their way to build a silent PC, then blast some 12,000U AC unit on high to keep room temperature in check in the summer
That is why I'm on a quest to find a efficient, low noise window AC unit. Friedrich seems to be the brand to go with.

That's the main reason I wouldn't want a bunch of little magnets spinning around inside my case.

What reason is that? Fan's have magnets in them already, HD's do. You already have little magnets spinning around inside your case.

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Great idea - I would be down for some. And my whole house ACs compressors are outside I don't hear a thing to cool my house so fan noise is very evident in my gaming den. I would love a nearly silent rig - water cooled and these? Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.