[SOLVED] Noctua Item Description Confusion - Can Anyone Help Clarify?

Kirbyarm

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2013
This fan looks pretty good, but I'm having a lot of confusion about the specs and I'm not sure what they'll actually install in.

Noctua NF-A15 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (140mm, Brown)

It says 140mm and 150mm and 120mm at various parts of the page in the title, description and manufacturer spec sheet further down. I'm really confused by this. My case allows for 120mm and 140mm fans on the top and front of the case, but says 120mm for the rear and no signs that a 140mm would work there (according to Newegg).

Does this fan work for both 120mm and 140mm mounting? Or just one or the other?

This is the case if it helps.

Solution
The NF-A15 is a 140mm class fan that uses the hole spacing for 120mm fans. It's really intended to be used with the NH-D15, D15S, and U14S.
This fan looks pretty good, but I'm having a lot of confusion about the specs and I'm not sure what they'll actually install in.

Noctua NF-A15 PWM, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (140mm, Brown)

It says 140mm and 150mm and 120mm at various parts of the page in the title, description and manufacturer spec sheet further down. I'm really confused by this. My case allows for 120mm and 140mm fans on the top and front of the case, but says 120mm for the rear and no signs that a 140mm would work there (according to Newegg).

Does this fan work for both 120mm and 140mm mounting? Or just one or the other?

This is the case if it helps.
Rare are fans that have mounting holes for both sizes but even if they have, 140mm fan will not fit in the case at back.

TRENDING THREADS