Noctua NF-A14 PWM vs. Phanteks PH-F140XP

DarkTron

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know the different Pros and Cons of these 2 fans. I will use one of them as an exhaust case fan. They are both 140mm, they both have PWM but. Which one is quieter or better overall?

Thanks!

Solution
The Noctua will be better but not by a huge amount. Frankly Noctua charges you a premium for that extra inch of performance it gives you over other brands. So I only recommend them if you really want to be a quite as you can, otherwise other brands are almost as good for less.
The Noctua will be better but not by a huge amount. Frankly Noctua charges you a premium for that extra inch of performance it gives you over other brands. So I only recommend them if you really want to be a quite as you can, otherwise other brands are almost as good for less.

Solution

DarkTron

Reputable
Apr 28, 2015
Since I would pay 22.50€ for the Phanteks and 22€ for the Noctua on Amazon I don't really care about the price, but if you say the Noctua is better then I will get that one. Basically I just wanted to know because the Phanteks one would be better in my windowed NZXT H440 because it is white and not brown :D

lothdk

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2010
I currently have a Noctua NF-A14 PWM as exhaust and two Phanteks PH-F140XP as intake in a Corsair Obsidian 750D.
I have tried with two Corsair Nf-A14 PWM as intake, and honestly could not tell a difference in performance or noise.