[SOLVED] Noctua nh - d15 compatibility with mobo

sgnz

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
Hey guys / gal

Would the noctua nh - d15 fit inside my fractal design define c case?
My mobo is a z370 aorus ultra gaming 2.0.
I have a gigabyte rtx 3070 gaming oc gpu.
I have 2 x corsair vengeance rgb pro ram sticks in the 2nd and 4th slot.

Thanks

Solution
You will have to move the front fan completely. Vengeance RGB Pro is bloody tall - 51mm, if I recall correctly - and practically blocks off the front fan on dual tower, dual fan air coolers.
NH-D15's stated 165mm height accommodates low profile memory, up to 32mm tall... so the front fan needs to be raised 20mm to a total cooler height of 185mm.
All is not lost, as you simply move both fans behind their respective towers.

sgnz

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
I'm using a i7 8700. Used to have an 8600k hence the z370 mobo!
I know I dont need such a beefy cooler for this cpu but I'm planning on doing platform upgrade sometime in the near future and I'm feeling like splashing out on something nice

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You will have to move the front fan completely. Vengeance RGB Pro is bloody tall - 51mm, if I recall correctly - and practically blocks off the front fan on dual tower, dual fan air coolers.
NH-D15's stated 165mm height accommodates low profile memory, up to 32mm tall... so the front fan needs to be raised 20mm to a total cooler height of 185mm.
All is not lost, as you simply move both fans behind their respective towers.

Reactions: Nemesia and sgnz
Solution

sgnz

Commendable
Apr 19, 2019
Thank you that is very helpful. When you say move each fan behind its respective tower does that mean to move each fan to the other side of each radiator?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, just like this:
iu
I don't know why the user here clipped both fans on the same tower, but this is just to show that it can be done without issue.

Reactions: sgnz

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hey guys / gal

Would the noctua nh - d15 fit inside my fractal design define c case?
My mobo is a z370 aorus ultra gaming 2.0.
I have a gigabyte rtx 3070 gaming oc gpu.
I have 2 x corsair vengeance rgb pro ram sticks in the 2nd and 4th slot.

Thanks
What processor if need be you can remove the fan on the memory side. unless your using the 9900K they you might need it.

Edit moving the fan to the other side COULD be possible if the heatsink is not to tall/ it comes up to the I/O panel height.