Question Noctua NH-D15 for Ryzen 3700x

Mark_Tilbrook

Commendable
Jul 11, 2017
Do you think getting the Noctua NH-D15 for the Ryzen 3700x with 2 Noctua NF-A12x25 ULN fans is worth it? I cant stand RGB and want better cooling. However, I dont really plan on overlocking because i dont want to break my system. I am using the Corsair Carbide 270R. Is this all worth it do you reckon. For gaming and general use + programming + machine learning.

okTC68

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2012
The NH-D15 may be overkill for your system, it's worth noting though, that this cooler will still be going in 10 years (🤞🏻) is under warranty for 6 six years. In my opinion it's worth buying for those reasons plus it's outstanding thermal performance and build quality.

For a 65W CPU this cheap cooler will do the job:

Deepcool Gammax GTE

I don't like RGB either, but i'm using it on my PC. What I did was not plug the RGB cable, and it runs like a normal fan. You can step up to something like the Artctic Freezer 34 but I have troubles finding it. If you have a plan on upgrading to a 105 W CPU (which I suggest you should) then something like an Arctic Freezer 34 would be a perfect match. NH-D15, however should be reserved for overclocked CPUs or TR4 systems in my opinion.

The DH-15 rocks.....; it is very quiet!(Sitting next to it even with case cover removed, it is difficult to tell when it's on!)

Get it! The better/lower your temps, the higher the CPU will clock/maintain it's boost...

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS