Dec 11, 2018
I need to buy an air cooler for my 2700x, because is running quiet hot here in the summer ( Spain).
Both of coolers are around 80€ at Amazon.
DRP4: 3 years warranty, quiter, better looking
NH-D15S: 6 years warranty, a little bit louder than DRP4, almost same cooling performance, ugly as hell.
I think both of them are good quality products but 6 year warranty is too sweet for me.
What do you think guys?
Also NH-D15 is not viable due to Ram clearance(TridenZ)
I dont want to expend more than 80€ so a good AIO is not an option i think, but you can suggest me good AIOs if you want.

Solution
The D15S is the better performer.

Honestly, when it comes to high-end coolers, I wouldn't worry about the warranty aspect.
The "cooler" itself will last a heck of a lot longer than either warranty period, the fans are where a problem could theoretically occur.
Given an equal quality fan might be $20-$25 total, in say 5+ years.... that's probably cheaper than shipping a cooler back to the manufacturer.

I've had my NH-D15 for probably 5 years now, but I did replace the fans with the Chromax replacements.
https://noctua.at/en/nf-a15-hs-pwm-chromax-black-swap

Might be worth checking out the U12A from Noctua too though. It's smaller, but it's an admirable performer too...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The D15S is the better performer.

Honestly, when it comes to high-end coolers, I wouldn't worry about the warranty aspect.
The "cooler" itself will last a heck of a lot longer than either warranty period, the fans are where a problem could theoretically occur.
Given an equal quality fan might be $20-$25 total, in say 5+ years.... that's probably cheaper than shipping a cooler back to the manufacturer.

I've had my NH-D15 for probably 5 years now, but I did replace the fans with the Chromax replacements.
https://noctua.at/en/nf-a15-hs-pwm-chromax-black-swap

Might be worth checking out the U12A from Noctua too though. It's smaller, but it's an admirable performer too...

Solution