Noctua NH-L9X65 SE Vs Hyper 212 LED Turbo

lupusarcadiusrex

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017
In my region both coolers are at about the same price. Planning to install one for more overclocking headroom for my Ryzen 3 1200 in CoolerMaster's Masterbox Lite 5 Case, it'd be helpful if someone could confirm which one is better and if they'll fit in my case. Also, the RAM I have is the G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) F4-3200C16D-8GVKB.

Solution
Roughly the same performance, both are budget coolers, but the Noctua has a far superior and far easier mounting, but the hyper212 has an led fan. Some ppl don't like the color of the Noctua fan, it clashes with just about everything.

As is, the Wraith fan on that Ryzen is plenty for any OC that the cpu can realistically get too, amd did a huge increase in heatsink/fan upgrades with the Ryzens over prior cpus. OC will be more limited by the cpu/vcore than by its cooling ability, so you might see what's the limits before spending cash and deciding if you really need to spend out.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Roughly the same performance, both are budget coolers, but the Noctua has a far superior and far easier mounting, but the hyper212 has an led fan. Some ppl don't like the color of the Noctua fan, it clashes with just about everything.

As is, the Wraith fan on that Ryzen is plenty for any OC that the cpu can realistically get too, amd did a huge increase in heatsink/fan upgrades with the Ryzens over prior cpus. OC will be more limited by the cpu/vcore than by its cooling ability, so you might see what's the limits before spending cash and deciding if you really need to spend out.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Which is about the limits of most Ryzens, realistically. Some have gotten lucky in the lottery and pushed out 4.4GHz, but you gotta wonder how many cpus they went through to get that OC. Cpu lottery is very evident in max OC, but not so much in normal limits.