Noctua Releases All-New NF-A12x25 120mm Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

lun471k

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I'm wondering if that question is serious or not. Nonetheless, hurray for a new Noctua fan. I've been using these on an old H100 and it's been working (quiet) wonders for 7 years.

BaRoMeTrIc

Honorable
Jan 30, 2017
the baby-poo brown really goes well with my white and black theme, thanks noctua! noctua listen to us, the consumers. make black/grey versions of your fans. you're forcing me to buy be quiet! because of this.

Noctua is just being stubborn and want to stand out from other cooler color schemes. They could not have picked a worse puke color and I think it's just stupid. They would draw so many more customers going with a black variant. But I solved that problem myself by painting the fan cowlings of my NH-D14 with Testor's matte black model paint. The fan color is still the same ugly brown, but it looks so much better and when powered you really can't tell anyway as only one fan is visible (intake one in the front). Never paint the fan blades BTW as the paint can throw off fan balance and kill the motor prematurely.

AndrewJacksonZA

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Personally, if I buy a Noctua fan, you can bet your backside I want it in their trademark colours so that the world can immediately see that I bought a top quality fan!

dudmont

Reputable
Feb 23, 2015
I don't give 2 "fill in the blanks" what color they are, if I'm going to buy the best fan in the respective sizes.
Can't wait for the 140mm to come out.

Or at the very least offer different color options to expand a wider customer base, especially with Noctua's pricing segment on air coolers and fans. I know several builders who have gone with Phanteck's similar-to-NH D14-performing PH-TC14 line which offers multiple color options including the heatsink itself. A lot of we PC nerds are "sphincteral" and are OCD and want a build color theme to match. Especially with so many cases with glass/plexiglass side windows for showing off the hardware.

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
Noctua's fans are amazing. I've had a 60mm and 80mm in an HTPC for a while now, and not only are they extremely quiet, but they don't give me even the slightest bit of trouble!

Seeing these new fans makes me want to build a new silent/quiet PC for no other reason than to see how quiet I can make it.

lesizz

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
Wondering if Noctura is making claims about this fan being quiet. That is the advantage of present Noctura designs, lots of airflow at low noise levels. And long life.

These fans are just plain good. And just plain brown. I would like other colors, but performance trumps color.

I also would like LED's, but I say that knowing that LED's would be seen as junking-up a quality fan. Can't help it I just like flashing LED's.

May 14, 2018
Why Noctua fans are so ugly?
Why they insist on using this ugly horrid color? We know they have great fans and their cooling systems are good, but why the f***gly color?
I have build several Pc's over the past few years and always avoided using Noctua products because of their color.

They have good products and they need to start producing in different colors to reach other builders.

Status
Not open for further replies.