News Noctua Roadmap Heralds White fans, Next-Gen NH-D15 CPU Cooler for Q4

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
I wish Noctua would make a special 30mm thick NF-A15 fan for placement right in between the two Heat Sink Towers and use two specialized Wire Clips to mount them to both sides.

That other company has shown that making a 30mm fan is viable and that has helped them to beat Noctua on the fan curve to db ratio.
I'm sure Noctua can easily engineer a 30mm thick variant for their own line.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
white stuff is rarely "great" as white is shockingly a hard color to match across brands.
white may look pink, tan, gray with other brands white stuff.
White also likes to fade or yellow after a couple years. If you manage to match the white tones today, they probably won't match in a year or two.

Personally, I'm happy with black or grey Noctua fans. Can't go wrong with more colors. Noctua makes good stuff!

PBme

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
white stuff is rarely "great" as white is shockingly a hard color to match across brands.
white may look pink, tan, gray with other brands white stuff.
Exactly. And this picture makes this one look cream color compared to the white table it is on so who knows how well it will match with a builder's chosen case and other parts.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK3MkFSGG-4

There's also the pinned comment below:
"Should note here that this explanation applies specifically to painted electronics, which will often be metals or alloys (though occasionally plastic). If you're wondering why plastic electronics yellow, which are typically made of ABS(Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene), that's due to a different and largely opposite reason: UV radiation breaks down the polymers and causes yellowing. Whether you should keep something white in or out of sunlight depends on how it's been colored."

So white electronics have a hard time 'staying white', and I guess manufacturers don't want to deal with RMAs from that too much.

gaaah

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2013
I find this morally ambiguous at best. First we had the traditional brown, and now a kind of off-white? What's next, bright colors like blue and red, or, God forbid, purple? I guess this is just a sign of the times.

I find this morally ambiguous at best. First we had the traditional brown, and now a kind of off-white? What's next, bright colors like blue and red, or, God forbid, purple? I guess this is just a sign of the times.
How else do you make yourself stand out from the crowd? :p

(this is despite Noctua consistently being one of the most recommended manufacturers anyway)

TRENDING THREADS