News Noctua's All-Black Chromax Coolers Arrive Just in Time for LGA1700 CPUs

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
"We are aware of how eagerly our customers have been waiting for these products and we would have loved to get them out earlier, but first we had to spend some extra time in order to make sure that we can exactly match the performance of the brown fans, and then things were further delayed by various supply chain issues due to the global pandemic," explained Roland Mossig, chief executive of Noctua.

What is meant exactly by "these products"? What other products? Is there or will there be a black version of all their popular case fans? How many hobbyists would be willing to put down cash to replace their current brown fans for the more esthetically pleasing black? I would guess a lot.

Ryrynz

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2012
He means all black colored products, they'd obviously develop more than one if changing the color was this much work but they're a company out to sell product so they'll develop anything they think will sell. What those are we'll have to wait n see.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
, but first we had to spend some extra time in order to make sure that we can exactly match the performance of the brown fans,
How does the color of the fan impact performance? I was unaware the secret to Noctua's high performing fans was the brown color.

hannibal

Distinguished
How does the color of the fan impact performance? I was unaware the secret to Noctua's high performing fans was the brown color.

Different color affect the tolerance Noctua can expect from the fans. It is not just putting on any color. Different color pigments behave differently and has to be tested and developed separately. (If you wan to make fans at the level Nochtua does them)

Reactions: panathas

TRENDING THREADS