Noctua's New Fans: A Closer Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

chugot9218

Honorable
Somewhat agreed, it's just a CPU fan for me though so no biggie, I actually like how it looks in relation to my other stuff. I heard they are easy enough to paint as well. Maybe a classic color scheme and a modern? Can't be too much to ask for.

FFH

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
I can stand the brown, but the beige like color is ugly. I'm sure these are good fans since they're Noctua.

John Lukitsh

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
Notctua has just announced their Pro and Redux line of fans. The pros are black, and the redux are gray. They're listed on their website, I think they should be available soon.

Igotpwn3d

Reputable
May 28, 2014
Notctua has just announced their Pro and Redux line of fans. The pros are black, and the redux are gray. They're listed on their website, I think they should be available soon.

Wow, even their website is ugly. Is it supposed to be ironic? Like "everything we do looks terrible, but ironically performs very well."

el_bastardo74

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
Noctua's products are classy, if you want transformer looking LED ridden fans because of your insatiable ADD, look elsewhere.

If someone finds a fan (which does not coordinate with the color scheme of most people's rigs) to be fugly, then they have ADD and are in search of LED ridden fans? Excellent logic and reasoning.

soldier9599

Reputable
May 14, 2014
Fortunately for me I don't spend all day staring at my case like it's a work of art. Who cares what it looks like? A nice monitor is all I need as far as aesthetics go.

I am excited by this 200mm fan. They announced it a long time ago and I just assumed they gave up on the idea.

I have to agree, Noctua fans are an abomination aesthetically. Like ... how hard can it be to add some colors? Noctua needs to hire some graphic artists because apparently their employees have no taste in color schemes.

I can understand if those are Noctua's company colors, but in terms of marketing, it doesn't really work.

well, at this point Noctua's fugly colors have become iconic... if a friend comes to your place, points at your PC and go "yo that's some ugly A$$ fans, why you buy those?", you can immediately point out his ignorance about PC building :p

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I'm not really sold on the 'Flock Coating' idea. It really depends on how much it holds dust. I don't want to have to wipe down all of my fans when normal fans are mostly clean with a spray of compressed air. Kudos to them for trying something new to decrease noise though. I hope it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.