Noctua's NH-L9x65 Gives Mini-ITX Builds More Powerful Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Looks nice. My D15 has performed very well and the quality is outstanding. Would not hesitate to buy this for my htpc that uses a low power amd apu.

in before people cry about the colors.

gabrielspcs1

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Quote: "Noctua recommends that you do not overclock with this cooler, and that you use CPUs with TDPs no higher than 84 W"

- Well that is a bummer. I currently use a A10 7850k in my mini itx so I suppose my Coolermaster Seidon 120m will have to suffice a few more years.

Quote: "Noctua recommends that you do not overclock with this cooler, and that you use CPUs with TDPs no higher than 84 W"

- Well that is a bummer. I currently use a A10 7850k in my mini itx so I suppose my Coolermaster Seidon 120m will have to suffice a few more years.
Wait, an A10 APU eats up more than 85W? 85W!?!?!?! My i7 barely eats up 100W on a minor OC, how is an APU eating anywhere near that kind of power? Just what is AMD doing wrong when their mainstream CPUs eat as much power as a 4 year old high-end chip?

mapesdhs

Distinguished
As soon as I see that same old cream & brown fan, I look elsewhere. It is and
always has been ugly as heck. Sure, the NF-P12 works very well, but the colour
styling sucks. Never understood why Noctua don't make black fans or whatever.
Change the record already...

Ian.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
CaedenV is either a troll or he has been living under a rock for the past 5 years. AMD does great at idle, not so much during full load.

My HTPC A4 Trinity itx setup pulls 26 watts while steaming full hd. Yes, the entire system only 26W. Its just REALLY weak. The "powerful" chips suck up all sorts of power.

Blueberries

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014
If this performs even slightly better than the NH-l9i it's very exciting news and I can't wait to get my hands on one.

With CPU TDP shrinks also around the corner we're going to see low-profile <20db quad-cores running over 4.0 Ghz as a standard as it's already possible with today's Haswell-refresh processors.

The A10-7850K has an integrated GPU that the Core i7-2600 can't even dream of matching; a GPU with 512 GCN shaders should use more transistors than the ENTIRE Core i7-2600, CPU and GPU combined. Plus you're not using that lousy little integrated GPU anyway.

GPUs tend to draw a lot more power than CPUs, so it's only natural that an APU with a much bigger and better GPU will draw more power.

mapesdhs

Distinguished

Nah, I mean stuff like the Nanoxia Deep Silence range, which are black and green, look really good.
Perform as well as the NF-P12 too, but half the cost.

Ian.

Blueberries

Reputable
Dec 3, 2014

You'll be able to overclock with this, trust me.

Also, I think the heatsink is cute. Switch the fan out if you want a different look or CFM, those Noctua AF fans are actually really good though.

atheus

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

Yeah, that's my reaction too. What the heck is the point of dumping $50 on an aftermarket CPU cooler if you're just planning to run stock speeds? If that's your plan, just use the cooler that came with your CPU and spend the $50 you saved on something useful. It works just fine.

Saxman642

Reputable
Mar 12, 2015
Oh, NOW you bring out a proper cooler, Noctua! Sorry, I already went and got ID-cooling's IS-VC45 (http://www.idcooling.com/Product/detail/id/44/name/IS-VC45) to replace my noctua NH-L9i which just wasn't cutting it.

ID-Cooling's cooler is shorter and handles a higher TDP than this

mapesdhs

Distinguished

You're absolutely right, they work very well indeed (I have several), but they're unbelievably ugly. :D

Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.