Noise from speakers z530 onboard sound card realtek 887

dimitris_37

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2013
Hi to veryone these days i have some strange issue, speakers make anoying noise things that i tried:install reinstall drivers ,try other new speakers ,and the noise is coming even if connect to front panel a headset, the card is realtek887 ,can be faulty the onboard card? pls help !!!

Solution
This might be risky, if you isolate on your PSU cord the Earth contacts it should be clean sound, but that gives the risk if your PSU goes wrong, it can shock you, or burn down.
Well you can do this test for 5 min, if it doesnt Crackle then its PSU, if it does, it might be PSU or the motherboard, cause whatever you do on PC, or your PC does, like read and write, if you max out the volume you can hear high pitched noise as you move your mouse, or even your HDD working like tickling static (Sorry cant express the sound good engouh). In short of this writing, your motherboard might not or doesnt have good isolation between its components soo that makes interference between components, on forms where i've read and expereienced your issue...

dimitris_37

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2013
can be psu? psu is old maybe 10 years :
pc components are:
motherboard:gigabyte combo g41
psu:thermaltake 600w pure power
gpu:asus gtx 750 1gb
sound card:soundblaster audigy fx

This might be risky, if you isolate on your PSU cord the Earth contacts it should be clean sound, but that gives the risk if your PSU goes wrong, it can shock you, or burn down.
Well you can do this test for 5 min, if it doesnt Crackle then its PSU, if it does, it might be PSU or the motherboard, cause whatever you do on PC, or your PC does, like read and write, if you max out the volume you can hear high pitched noise as you move your mouse, or even your HDD working like tickling static (Sorry cant express the sound good engouh). In short of this writing, your motherboard might not or doesnt have good isolation between its components soo that makes interference between components, on forms where i've read and expereienced your issue someone said to put foil around sound card (note foil is conductive) or replace caps.

I also have 2 old Sound cards PCI, sound blaster audigy and Trust 514DX, both showed me same issue on old motherboard p5g41t-m lx2/gb.

One thing also that you could try that I havent removed from my case, usually on front usb of case, there is and should be small wire connected to the ground of usb ports that is screwed directly to chassy of the case, that I think prevents the crackling sound, you could do this also by leading one wire from black wire of your PSU and sticking to case till you test or easier holding your hand to case (metal part not painted) and see if it changes anything., cause your sound card has metal backplate which is also connected to ground of motherboard and case, and that might cause that.

But this is all theory what I know about sounding and in general what helped me.

Solution

dimitris_37

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2013

Dunno, I've used an 8 year old 10$ MS 400 ATX PSU in different builds and I havent noticed the buzzing in my previous and current motherboard.

Only if you have spare PSU it would be nice to test it.

If i might suggest if its not PAIN to do, remove PSU from case and hook up PSU normally but try not to make that PSU makes contact with case.

dimitris_37

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2013
hello after months of struggling with the issue i found fix in this this thread from same site :I think I might have a workaround (I wouldn’t call it a solution). The problem lies deeper and its over my head but until someone provides a proper solution this workaround will hopefully do the trick for some of us experiencing audio crackling/popping while gaming and YouTube desync – while surfing on the internet. (Windows 10 and Realtek onboard audio)

Like many of you I tried similar things such as reinstalling drivers, etc. I also tested my RAM with MemTest86 (24 hours test with no errors). I thought that the problem is that my computer is overclocked (CPU, GPU and RAM), but I was experiencing this issue even on stock/default settings.

Anyway, I was thinking why is that, that after a reboot is the audio fine and after a shutdown is the audio messed up. So, I looked into the Windows power options and tried to disable the Fast Startup feature (Windows 10).

The thing is - when Fast Startup is enabled, your computer doesn’t perform a regular shut down (it is more like a hibernation or sleep mode). I assume that the sleep/hibernation mode is part of the problem - at least for me.

If you are not familiar with the „Fast Startup” feature and you don’t know how to disable it, here is an article which describes it all.
https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-w...

Nevertheless, with that feature disabled the audio crackling/popping YouTube desync issue has disappeared. (no need for a reboot anymore).

As regards the boot time - I don’t see any difference with or without the Fast Startup feature enabled (my system is on SSD).

In order to test it - I have been using it (Fast Startup disabled) for about 3 days and since than I haven’t had any audio issue what so ever -well, until today.

What happened is - my PC is set to enter into the Sleep mode after 50 minutes of inactivity and when it wakes up the annoying issue is back. (I suspected that my RAM might be faulty but as I said 24 hours MemTest86 with no errors). That is why I do think that the Sleep mode is part of the issue - but I do not know why is that or how is that possible - I’m not an IT expert.

The “workaround” (so far and works for me) is:
1. Fast Startup disabled (this feature is hidden under the Windows 10 power options control panel).
2. Set computer to never sleep (power options control panel). - which I don’t like but yeah that´s how it is.

(This may help you if your audio issues disappear after a reboot, if you are experiencing any sort of audio issues after a reboot this workaround won´t be most probably useful to you)

I hope this will be helpful to some of you. However, this is not a proper solution and I strongly believe that - I do not know who (Microsoft, Nvidia, Realtek, or just someone clever) will come up with the fix asap.
ty very much hope help someone else :))