[SOLVED] Noise from the following cards?

Aug 18, 2019
Hi,

Can anyone comment on the noise output from the following cards? (Loudness, fan whir, coil hum etc).

I know it's a strange mix but it's what I have access to (the 2060 here is cheap enough relative to the Super to make it a consideration).

I'm aware of the variable performance of the cards, but I need a card that won't run too loud.

I've seen negative reviews on the Gigabyte 2060 OC being too noisy, and I'm assuming the 1660/Ti uses similar fans.

Conversely, I've seen reviews for the EVGA 2060 Black Edition that say that although it runs louder than some cards, the sound is more 'pleasant' than most.

Three fan cards are probably the quietest but they are still commanding a premium.

Usually I use MSI Twin Frozr cards but I don't have access to them.

Obviously this is all subjective but I'd value your input. Also, if your 1660/Ti or 2060 runs very quietly - could you post the model number and I'll see if I can find it.

Thank you

• Gigabyte GeForce GTX1660 OC
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX1660 Ti OC
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC Black Edition
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SC Ultra
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Windforce RGB Fusion

Solution
The EVGA XC and XC Super cards are the ones you want. Superior product support and customer service, and they are quiet as you could possibly want while providing great performance.

I have the RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra gaming, but I've read probably every review for all of the XC cards in this generation(s) and there are few cards anywhere near as good unless you want to pay significantly more. Plus, there is nobody else in the industry with the level of customer service and support that EVGA offers. Hands down you want an EVGA card for that reason alone if nothing else.

My 2060 Super might as well be silent. I can't hear it even under a full load over the noise of my case and CPU cooler fans, and those are all Noctua, so you know...
The EVGA XC and XC Super cards are the ones you want. Superior product support and customer service, and they are quiet as you could possibly want while providing great performance.

I have the RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra gaming, but I've read probably every review for all of the XC cards in this generation(s) and there are few cards anywhere near as good unless you want to pay significantly more. Plus, there is nobody else in the industry with the level of customer service and support that EVGA offers. Hands down you want an EVGA card for that reason alone if nothing else.

My 2060 Super might as well be silent. I can't hear it even under a full load over the noise of my case and CPU cooler fans, and those are all Noctua, so you know they're not very loud to start with.

Solution