[SOLVED] Noise in speakers when gaming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vall24

Prominent
Sep 7, 2019
[GT]
Hello I am having a problem.
When the video card is loaded in games, noise appears in the speakers. The computer is about 2 years old and until recently this problem was not observed.
I changed the speakers, but the problem persists.
I also rolled back and reinstalled the video driver, it did not give any result.

If you enable vertical sync, the noise disappears in Hell Let Loose, but not everywhere, for example, in the RDR 2 game, when you move the mouse, the tonality and intensity of the noise changes - crackling, also in the unigine, fullmark benchmarks.
Noise appears only when the graphics card is loaded, when the processor is loaded, there is no noise.

My system:
Processor: Ryzen 2700x
Motherboard: Asus x470 prime pro
Video card: rtx 2070
Power supply: be quiet System power 9 700w
windows 10 x64 20h2

Link GD Hell let Loose
Link GD RDR 2
Link GD Sound only be careful it will be loud RDR 2 m4a

Solution
How does a headset plugged into the front sound? I suspect your GPU is causing interference with the audio output. On asus motherboards the audio processing is frequently in the gap between the PCIe slots and the rear edge of the board. I'm pretty sure those are fairly well isolated from the rest of the system but it's a thing that could happen. You might also check your cables. Your HDMI cable to the monitor or your power or USB cables could be faulty. This is honestly more likely the issue.

I had an issue years ago where my speakers would always output a low hum. They were very sensitive to the power cables that ran nearby particularly my alarm clock on my desk. You could actually be running into a similar issue. As you are moving...
How does a headset plugged into the front sound? I suspect your GPU is causing interference with the audio output. On asus motherboards the audio processing is frequently in the gap between the PCIe slots and the rear edge of the board. I'm pretty sure those are fairly well isolated from the rest of the system but it's a thing that could happen. You might also check your cables. Your HDMI cable to the monitor or your power or USB cables could be faulty. This is honestly more likely the issue.

I had an issue years ago where my speakers would always output a low hum. They were very sensitive to the power cables that ran nearby particularly my alarm clock on my desk. You could actually be running into a similar issue. As you are moving the mouse the screen is updating in response and loading the GPU, which in turn causes more power to flow through the cables changing the volume of the hum. You might just need a bigger power cable or one that is not running near your speaker cables.

edit: one more thing. I once had an issue with my onboard audio (an ASUS board) where I was getting a weird hum. I found eventually that the plug, while inserted wasn't fully seated, wasn't loose but there was another little step after the major step. It felt like a "click CLICK... click" when it was fully seated. That fixed the issue. Had been driving me nuts. I was about to buy a whole new speaker system. As I was unplugging the speakers to toss them, I accidentally pushed one plug in that last little step while trying to pull the other plug out. Felt like an idiot but it resolved the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vall24
Solution

Vall24

Prominent
Sep 7, 2019

I had an issue years ago where my speakers would always output a low hum. They were very sensitive to the power cables that ran nearby particularly my alarm clock on my desk. You could actually be running into a similar issue. As you are moving the mouse the screen is updating in response and loading the GPU, which in turn causes more power to flow through the cables changing the volume of the hum. You might just need a bigger power cable or one that is not running near your speaker cables.

edit: one more thing. I once had an issue with my onboard audio (an ASUS board) where I was getting a weird hum. I found eventually that the plug, while inserted wasn't fully seated, wasn't loose but there was another little step after the major step. It felt like a "click CLICK... click" when it was fully seated. That fixed the issue. Had been driving me nuts. I was about to buy a whole new speaker system. As I was unplugging the speakers to toss them, I accidentally pushed one plug in that last little step while trying to pull the other plug out. Felt like an idiot but it resolved the issue.

Thanks for answering.
I contacted gigabyte esupport, they advised me to use the DDU program, which I did this reduced the noise in the speakers, but did not remove it at all.
Gigabyte esupport suggested that it might be a power supply (high ripple).

The sound recorded on the microphone is slightly exaggerated .
Sound from the speakers speakers
Sound from the video card coil whine

I'll also try to replace hdmi, maybe it's really so easy.

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Status
Not open for further replies.