[SOLVED] Noise levels

corner26

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
I'm noticing my PSU is the cause of my noise levels in case. I also plan on getting a 3080 in the near future when available. What is the go to PSU that won't cause my noise levels and support that card?

Current PSU is a Seasonic 650W Gold, Full mod.
Ryzen 3600x(stock cool) / 1080 armour

Tested all components under load and the PSU is the source of noise. NZXT 510 elite.

Price limit is $200 - I think the price is worth the noise levels at this point as my gf works next to me remote and the noise under load(when I game) is creating a problem.

Solution
Seasonic isn't a bad brand at all. In fact it's ranked high up the order. You can look at their Focus Gold series of units but you should look at a 750W unit at the very least if you plan to get a 3080.
I'm noticing my PSU is the cause of my noise levels in case. I also plan on getting a 3080 in the near future when available. What is the go to PSU that won't cause my noise levels and support that card?

Current PSU is a Seasonic 650W Gold, Full mod.
Ryzen 3600x(stock cool) / 1080 armour

Tested all components under load and the PSU is the source of noise. NZXT 510 elite.

Price limit is $200 - I think the price is worth the noise levels at this point as my gf works next to me remote and the noise under load(when I game) is creating a problem.
There are models where the fan doesn't even start until a certain load.
I'm running two Corsair RMx models like that.
I think they are very quiet, They don't bother me.
I think my case fans and CPU and GPU cooler are the cause of the vast majority of my noise.

corner26

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
After some digging - I realized I am wrong. I used my old PSU for my newer build which is :

SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze EVO Edition 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Under load when gaming with the 1080 - it's super loud. Is this something that can be fixed or is a new one required?

Is it to low for my current system causing the noise levels under load?