Question Noise like coil whining whenever I play a game

GhostWPT

Prominent
Jan 28, 2022
So, I recently had this problem with one of my case fans, whenever I play a game, that particular fan makes a noise just like the noise of coil whine, in fact, it's pretty loud and annoying. I have to mention that in idle, the fan is perfectly fine. I have also changed the RPMs manually to see if the noise is present to a certain RPM, but nothing. The noise is audible just when I'm in a game and I don't know why.

Lutfij

Titan
You will need to include more information. What is the make and model of the case fan? If it came bundled with the case, then mention the make and model of the case. We're also going to need a video/audio clip to corroborate your post above. We can only assume what you're hearing before you bring evidence of what you're hearing.

On another note, we'll need the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for your fans, how are they connected to the system?

GhostWPT

Prominent
Jan 28, 2022
You will need to include more information. What is the make and model of the case fan? If it came bundled with the case, then mention the make and model of the case. We're also going to need a video/audio clip to corroborate your post above. We can only assume what you're hearing before you bring evidence of what you're hearing.
On another note, we'll need the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

As for your fans, how are they connected to the system?
So, I have six fans just like this one, it was not bundled with the case, it's an aftermarket fan, but sadly I don't remember the full model name of the fans, I only know that they are Id-cooling 120mm fans.
And regarding my specs,
My specs are:
ASUS STRIX GTX 970 OC
RYZEN 5 3600X
ASUS PRIME B450 PLUS
16 GB of RAM at 3200MHz
And the PSU is a Corsair RM750
120 GB Western Digital Green SSD 2.5 inch
1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
I don't know the exact name of my chassis, I only know that is a Thermaltake case.

In the first video, the fans are in idle.

In the second video, I was playing a light game, Shadow Warrior, there is not much difference in terms of noise

And in the third video, I was playing a heavier game, Dying Light, the noise is pretty audible and sounds just like coil whine.

I'm not sure how my fans are connected to the system, I believe they are connected with a fan cable extender.

Last edited: