Question Noisy ASUS GeForce RTX 2070

sruddy

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2014
I just did my first build and the video cards lowest speed is 24% and it’s loud. The card is a
ASUS GeForce RTX 2070 Overclocked O8G GDDR6 HDMI DP 1.4 USB Type-C Graphic Card (ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING) I purchased this card because I read that a 3 fan card will be quieter and since I don’t play games I assumed it wouldn’t run fast and bother me. I have the GPM installed vertically and it’s in a cooler master case SL600M. The case is on my desktop instead of the floor so it’s closer to my ears than my old PC. When I open the case it gets a lot quieter so the case must be resonating. I’m wondering if mounting the card horizontally will quiet it. If not I may need a recommendation for a queieter gpu. I wish I could set the fans at a lower idle but it doesn’t look like I can do anything. FWIW I’m using a be quiet cpu fan type cooler and it’s silent even under load.

Impu7se

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019
If you mount your gpu vertically it will increse the gpu temps. Which is not that good for your pc overall. I don’t know will verticall mounting help with the sound but if you’re going to be buying a gpu I would reccomend Msi triple fan gpu. Or blower style gpu(with only one fan and closed on the sides) could work also.