Question Noisy Fans

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
I have Aigo DR12 Fans in my casing there are 6 fans connected to the controller they provide and controller is connected to molex cable from psu. The problem is that these produce too much noise when they all are working so I usually plug out molex connector when i don't need them. I usually turn them on during gaming.

What my concern is that is there any software to control these fans speed? or turn them on/off using software? because I fell bad after spending $800 on pc and turn on and off by opening casing again and again.

View: https://imgur.com/a/JIrigy0

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The control box for this sytem has no way to connect any signals to it from a mobo, so no, there is no way to control it with software. The remote control box has an On and an Off button. Does that allow you to shut the fans off completely, or only to shut off the lights?

If you cannot use that to turn off the fan motors, you could rig a small simple switch mounted through the side or front of your case and splice it into one of the wires that supply power to the control box from the Molex connector. That would achieve the same thing as unplugging it from the PSU, but without opening the case.

Of course, you could also just use the remote control box's fan speed buttons to slow them down.

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
The control box for this sytem has no way to connect any signals to it from a mobo, so no, there is no way to control it with software. The remote control box has an On and an Off button. Does that allow you to shut the fans off completely, or only to shut off the lights?

If you cannot use that to turn off the fan motors, you could rig a small simple switch mounted through the side or front of your case and splice it into one of the wires that supply power to the control box from the Molex connector. That would achieve the same thing as unplugging it from the PSU, but without opening the case.

on/off button only works for rgb lights not for spinning of fans. yes you are right i was also thinking of similar solution to use switch. simply i will cut the wire outgoing from controller and use switch with it having 1 feet of extra wire so that i would be able to place switch outside the case. thanks for reply